Cool DIY Top Cabinet Design

D-MAN

Hopefully I can get the picture to load - who bloody knows?! Ok, it seemed to work.

Mr. Flemming Skov of Denmark built these - I like the high frequency cabinet design he did.

Seems to me that it cuts down on the diffraction. The ability to turn the high frequency horns any which way is actually a very good thing sonically speaking, it helps to eliminate some of the potential room-specific problems with having high frequency horns so close to the walls.

It is a design approach that I haven't seen before, and it certainly gives a unique impression. I like it.

Dana

post-13458-13819298432878_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'll have to ask him. I wouldn't feel right posting it. His Klipsch forum name is "Valde".

I will post the full picture of his listening room, though. No harm in that.

Flemming says that his house is not typical for Denmark - it's a timber frame house built like in the US.

Dana

post-13458-13819298435902_thumb.jpg

Hi Folks,

I scanned also this forum in the search after a horn construction, which should be easier to build than the Hartsfield from JBL. I saw Dana Moore's butifull speakers and thought that these might be the solution. And Dana was so kind to handover his construction details. He has done a great job in designing these "handsome" enclosures [:D]

First, my speakers to fit in:

The JBL K145, a 30 year old device used by a danish band (CV Joergensen) in the mid seventies!

post-20342-13819298438622_thumb.jpg

Then ready to do the assembly of the Back Chamber with the, also difficult to made, braces. The "Motor" board is also shown where the K145 will be mounted. This is a clever thing from Dana to ease the "play around" with the woofer (change of throat area etc..)

post-20342-13819298519792_thumb.jpg