......not audio, automobile polish.

Speedball

This past week I happened to pick up some "Mothers" chrome/glass polish for my old Dodge pickup truck with 218,000 miles. It made the chrome shine like never before and it also worked so well on the windows I did all the windows in our house inside and out. This stuff is easy to wipe off and leaves no streaks whatsoever. This stuff is great !

I have heard never to use any regular wax on car glass because when it rains and the wipers hit it , you will not be able to see through the glass.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOTHERS is a quality product , doesn't matter which product you use. Cleaner/ Wax works real good on fiberglass, and smells good too. You Car guys on here know that already, you Vette Guys should try it. Meguiars makes good products also, you can't go wrong choosing either.

Just suggesting something a bit different:

Although I have nothing bad to say about Mother's; I know it's a very good line of products, I have been using Zaino Brothers for the last 9 years and I prefer the results to that of Mother's, McGuires and others I've tried. I am not affiliated with any auto polish companies.

If you do try Zaino, be certain to read their "Tips & Tricks" page to understand proper usage. http://www.zainostore.com/

I am a former member and judge of NCRS (National Corvette Restorers Society) -Glenn

That Zaino is a real easy to understand no B.S. kind of website, I like that.

That's correct, Sir: Just like their products! Sal Zaino answers his own phone. I have spoken with him numerous times. He is never too busy to answer a customer's question. I like that, too.

Zaino is a good product, but expensive to begin with, and by the time you add on shipping and handling, oh my. Atleast Mothers, and Meguiars can be purchased locally at auto parts stores, or, forgive me, Walmart. Zaino is in many Corvette catalog's, but you still have expensive shipping and handling charges, which in my opinion, kill the sale. I have never seen Zaino products local.

I remember my friend who is in an audi group used to use zaino but it was too expensive.... He said realistically the amount they give you does two cars or two times.... I believe he said it was something like 30 dollars or so...

I forgot the wax he did use but I sure did like it, I will ask him today. Heck I even have a picture of the wax job which i will post when I know what he uses.

Zaino is not for everybody. It is my opinion that you get what you pay for. Correct: it is not sold locally. Given the internet, that's not an issue for me. I order it in large quanities so the shiping becomes less of a point. As far as doing only two cars: Your friend was probably putting on too much. It only needs to be used very sparingly to achieve a great shine. That's why I mentioned to read the Tip & Tricks. They are important. Again: It's not for everyone.

I'd post some pictures of the shine it puts on my vehicles but they've still got the image post function turned off while they are migrating to the new server. Maybe some other time?

Yep. That could very well be. And I admit that it is expensive to use, but the results are difficult to match. The other brands of polish are good, too. They simply do not take the shine to the next level and beyond like Zaino. Everyone has their own level of expectations and the amount of time they are willing to devote to car care. It's all good. Prior to Zaino, I used a product from Germany called "Zymol". http://www.zymol.com/carwash.htm Ha-ha: I suppose I am hooked on the "Z's". [:D]

Now, THAT stuff is EXPENSIVE! $46.00 for 8 ounces! [:o]

I know Zymol hehe they sell the ultra expensive 5000 per ounce waxes that Ralph Lauren likes to use on his 1918 bugatti.........

Zymol is about the same (I brought it too and smells like fruit cause they use fruit essences) but heh its about the same as the rest and zaino. It doesn't get good until you buy the real zymol waxes where you heat in your hand and then apply.

Here is the techwax that my friend used on his 2006 audi A4 2.0T

post-13377-13819298450856_thumb.jpg

Oh Picky BTW my friend used Zaino and by no means was he upset at the performance but just he found techwax to be 95% good and much more economical. Also he said the Tech Wax was a bit deeper in flow compared to Zaino. It might be true as some waxes do better on darks and some better on lights. I mean my friend is not poor at all, his audi was brought not leased or financed in one payment and he is only 23..... I mean his father has a Aston Martin DB9 and uses Zymol but he cannot justify using the 300 dollar per ounce zymol on his Audi A4 2.0T.

Nice trucks btw, damn that Zaino is looking nice, like one smooth piece of glass.