......not audio, automobile polish.

Speedball

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oldbuckster: Thanks! I really miss that rig! It was one of the best vehicles I've owned. I wish they still made them, only with today's technology and rustproofing.

ricktate: It depends: What year C-RV? What color and type paint does it have? Is it metallic clear-coat or what? Do you know if it has even been repainted?

While we are on the subject of clean cars, can someone recommend a product for rubber? I have restoration rubber mats for my 70 Beetle (in lieu of carpet) and the black rubs off on whatever you put on it. Thanks.

oldtimer: Yeah, that's what the real rubber does: it migrates. On rubber floor mats I use dilluted Simple Green. Spray it on, brush it lightly with a soft brush, wait a few moments and hose it off with plenty of clean water. I use Simple Green full strength to clean my car's tires and white letters. It'll take grease (and chewing gum) out of carpet, upholstery and clothes, too.

Maybe you guys can help me i just got a used CRV but the hood and roof have this haze on them.I waxed went away for a day but it came back??What should i do to get rid of this haze the paint looks good.Thanks Rick

Without seeing the haze; Make sure you use a cleaner/ wax, might need to be compounded, or clay barred, clay bar is the easiest for you to do, be careful with compounds. Mothers, or meguiars has clay bar kits, good products.

For the real serious detail guys, Porter Cable dual action random speed orbital Polisher does a Killer job, NO swirls, no paint burn, a finish you could shave in, deep, deep shine. Meguiars has them in their catalog, the porter cable is the same thing, but less pricey,without the Meguiar name.

Years ago my two brothers got together one sunny day and use the "non-random orbital" drill to wax and buff his work van and I remember vividly the millions of swirl marks. crazy fools........[:D]

It is amazing the deep reflective gloss a little wax can do to a vehicle.