KG2's for $305.00! What the ....?

$200 a pair is about fair for really nice KG2's, a $100 is way to low unless they are beat up, not original, etc..

I paid $190 plus shipping for a Oak Oil mint pair just last year. That is alot of speaker for the money. The MSRP on them was not cheap, and they are made with real wood veneer not some cheap vinyl wrap like other speakers that size.

They are fabulous sounding little speakers even more so when they are paired with KG1's and a KG 2.2V center channel.

If you owned a pair I bet you wouldn't be complaining about the price though!

I would say that the pair of Oak Oiled in PERFECT condition I sold a buddy a while back for less than half of that price would STILL be a bargain and some of the better sounding speakers for even the $305.00 selling price...I feel good about helping a buddy get infected (by him buying my kg2s) with the "Klipsch" sound virus...[;)]

Bill

I would say that the pair of Oak Oiled in PERFECT condition I sold a buddy a while back for less than half of that price would STILL be a bargain and some of the better sounding speakers for even the $305.00 selling price...I feel good about helping a buddy get infected (by him buying my kg2s) with the "Klipsch" sound virus...[;)]

Bill

See how you are..........[;)] It's hard to believe the way speaker prices vary, and who's to say(other than the owner) what they're worth. Cornwalls are up over $1000. a pair, gosh Khorns look like a better deal overall. It only matters what the buyer thinks anyway, and Bill, your right, I'd rather sell for a lesser price, and see someone really enjoy them. That sits much better than, buy cheap, resell expensive, which happens on E-bay alot.

I have two pairs actually, both very nice near mint, paid $100.00 and $125.00 for them. I would expect a nice pair of KG4's to go for that much. I agree they are great, but $300.00?

There is no way gauge the used speaker market. It's like Barret-Jackson auctions they run the prices right up, and that inturn runs everything else up. Muscle cars at $300,000. to a Million, yet street rods that cost $150,000. to build sell for $60.000. Crazy Prices, where will it stop?

I think $305 may be a new record. A pair went for $280 a couple of months ago, but most of them go begging - often selling for $100 or less - sometimes much less.

I got my pair from a private seller a couple of years ago for $50 because they had a "bad driver." Turned out to be a loose spade connector [:D]

James