RF-3 or SF-2

veyenyl

I just purchased a Denon 2802 and I am thinking about going with synergy series speakers since it fits my budget. SF-2, SC-1, SS-1, KSW-12. I am also considering going with RF-3s for fronts instead of the SF-2s. Will this ruin the timbre or overpower the rest of the system?

The Reference and Synergy series have a different sound between them. The centers and surrounds were specifically designed to complement the main speakers. You might try your proposed mix/match at a dealer to see if you are comfortable with the differences. I suspect you won't be.

If you prefer the sound of the Reference series, and your budget can stand it, you might want to get your speakers a bit at a time, and wind up with a matching Reference series, instead of mixing the families. For instance, start with the mains and use "phantom" mode to simulate a center. The rears are less critical, at least temporarily, for HT so you could use an exising pair of bookshelf speakers (if you have some) for the rear until you get the Reference rears. The sub would work with either the Synergy or the Reference.

Doug

Same here,listen to the RF-3's in the Synergy system and decide if you like what you hear.

I would not mix the Synergy with the R series.

I would buy the RF-3 and get other R series speakers(add other later if budget is limited now).

I got the RF-5's and then added the RC-7 and now I got the RF-7's.Piece by piece(the Klipsch dealer did not have them all then,so I got them slowly).

I do not regret my purchase,OH NO.

You may do the same,start with the RF-3's then add a RS-3 and end with the RC-3.A sub would be nice,say a RSW10 or 12.

TheEAR(s) Now theears