CALLING ALL KLIPSCHTERS! KHORNS 4 sale?

HTADDICT

I have an opportunity that may never come around again for me to purchase a set of 1980 KHORNS, however I have no need for them because they will be too big for my room and I allready have RF-7's.

What I need help on is pricing them for sale, or if any of you guys are interested give me your best offer, I will ship anywhere, just don't know how much to ask for, I checked audiogon but aren't those prices a little high or are they reasonable? If you want them, let me know. They are in pretty good shape. I'm going out to get them tomorrow, I believe they are oak.

Please help guys!!!

I have an opportunity that may never come around again for me to purchase a set of 1980 KHORNS, however I have no need for them because they will be too big for my room and I allready have RF-7's.

What I need help on is pricing them for sale, or if any of you guys are interested give me your best offer, I will ship anywhere, just don't know how much to ask for, I checked audiogon but aren't those prices a little high or are they reasonable? If you want them, let me know. They are in pretty good shape. I'm going out to get them tomorrow, I believe they are oak.

Please help guys!!!

When you get them, pictures would help appraise them. Need pictures of the fronts as well as one for the rear driver area. The serial numbers will help confirm the year.

At the very least, what could they be worth? I really have no idea on pricing these, I'm going to be buying these tomorrow, & there is just not enough time for me to make an informed purchase, also what would you guys recommend for me to look at when I'm checking these out? I emagine it's getting pretty late in the evening for any responses, so I'll check back in the morning.

$1800 - $2750 is within the average range, the newer they are and the better the condition that they are in would obviously command a higher price. Finish is also important, it seems Walnut Oil was more common and the Oak finish a little less common. Since we have NO information to go on, or any photos it is difficult to give you an accurate assessment. $2000-$2500 should do it not knowing anything about them.

why are you buying them if you have no need or room for them (like I should talk)?

If you are getting these for resale, I'd try to snag them for less than $2000. Ive seen a lot of pairs eventually sell for $1800 - $2200, so you shouldn't overpay if this is your intention.

Or better yet, just leave them for someone who can really use them.

Michael

Funny, if some none forum guy did that on E-bay everyone would have a fit. Buy Low, and resell for more money. That is what runs up speaker prices, if you don't want to use them, or have room for them, why not leave them for someone else who wants them.

I don't blame anyone for buying cheap, honestly, if the chance came my way, I'll probably buy them too, but I want a pair, just not today. Good luck on your deal.................

I think the prices you have gotten so far are good ballpark figures not knowing anything about them. Good figures if you want to buy them, keep them and use them.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

However, if you are just going to flip them I would not pay more then 1000-1500. Considering that you live in ND (a sparsely populated state) you have a lot less buyers within a 6 hour one way drive (day trip). If you ship such monsters you are opening yourself up for a lot of headaches. Maybe the shipping will go fine and you will only be out a little time. On the other had you could easily spend 10 hours in phone calls, emails taking pictures, filing claims, etc. if just one HF section gets dinged up in shipping.

If you buy them for 1500 and sell them for 2,000 you make 500 bucks. What is your time worth? Phone calls, emails, sending pictures, a deal falls through and you start all over. I see you making about 50 bucks an hour if all goes well. I'd rather listen to music or watch movies with those hours then play pawn broker.

I would hate to see it happen, but if you can get them really cheap...say 500 bucks or less you can probably part them out and have a much easier time shipping smaller packages of parts. People who are looking for just a HF or LF section of a khorn are most likely not too worried about it's condition (if damaged in shipping) because they have some project in mind that will most likely result in a refinishing job anyway.

Just my $0.02 worth.

EDIT: I just thought of another idea. Why don't you find an interested party on the forum here and play good Samaritan. Get them for the member, store them, play around with them, listen to them until the greatful sole comes to get his dream speakers and ask for a couple of hundred bucks for your troubles. That way you both win.

$1800 - $2750 is within the average range, the newer they are and the better the condition that they are in would obviously command a higher price.  Finish is also important, it seems Walnut Oil was more common and the Oak finish a little less common.  Since we have NO information to go on, or any photos it is difficult to give you an accurate assessment.  $2000-$2500 should do it not knowing anything about them.

I have seen klipsch k-horns offered locally as cheap as 1000 bucks. But they looked like they had been rolled down the street. No body wanted to buy them. I think they were eventually sold off as parts.

Point being, before setting and expectation that a reseller can get 1800 - 2700 bucks for them....you have to consider the condition as well as the demand. There are numerous k-horns offered for sale on ebay with reserves of 2000 bucks that are never met.

If someone were to insist that I provide an apprasial of a pair of k-horns, site unseen, I would have to based it on current e-bay sales for the raw parts.

$1800 - $2750 is within the average range, the newer they are and the better the condition that they are in would obviously command a higher price.  Finish is also important, it seems Walnut Oil was more common and the Oak finish a little less common.  Since we have NO information to go on, or any photos it is difficult to give you an accurate assessment.  $2000-$2500 should do it not knowing anything about them.

I have seen klipsch k-horns offered locally as cheap as 1000 bucks. But they looked like they had been rolled down the street. No body wanted to buy them. I think they were eventually sold off as parts.

Point being, before setting and expectation that a reseller can get 1800 - 2700 bucks for them....you have to consider the condition as well as the demand. There are numerous k-horns offered for sale on ebay with reserves of 2000 bucks that are never met.

If someone were to insist that I provide an apprasial of a pair of k-horns, site unseen, I would have to based it on current e-bay sales for the raw parts.

If someone were to insist that I provide an apprasial of a pair of k-horns, sight unseen, I would have to based it on current e-bay sales for the raw parts, with a qualifing statement that it had all the original parts.

speakerfritz, Please do tell the secrets of your posting technique. I don't think I have ever seen so many multi-posts from any other user. [;)] Is it some advanced computer designed to drive up your post count? Perhaps is it is lighting [li] fast multi-twitching mouse finger. Fill us in, enquiring minds want to know.[:P]

speakerfritz, Please do tell the secrets of your posting technique. I don't think I have ever seen so many multi-posts from any other user. [;)] Is it some advanced computer designed to drive up your post count? Perhaps is it is lighting [li] fast multi-twitching mouse finger. Fill us in, enquiring minds want to know.[:P]

thought it was the forum having problems since I see other duplicate post.

The forum is setup to prevent duplicate post so I am not sure what is happening.

it's not changing the status....I'm not on radar yet even though I probally have a few hundred posts this morning.

Rich has gotten it bang on correct once again with his elegant solution -

"EDIT: I just thought of another idea. Why don't you find an interested party on the forum here and play good Samaritan.

Get them for the member, store them, play around with them, listen to

them until the greatful sole comes to get his dream speakers and ask

for a couple of hundred bucks for your troubles. That way you both win."

I like this idea a lot! Good Karma comes around.[:D]

Dtel helped me with picking up and 'storing' my LSI stacks for a month, I returned the favor by stepping aside on a pair of Forte's local to him. Then he won CWIII's in Hope.

Good stuff just happens to good people. There are other forces at work here than the dollar. (just my .02)

Michael

What a great day today was!!!! I went out to see the Khorns and they are beautifull, very very very well taken care of, a 9 out of 10, with only trivial nicks. The owner was a very nice younger gentleman, whos dad was the original owner. We talked awhile, he is in the airforce, and was stationed up here and didn't want them anymore. After a few negotiations, we shook hands and loaded up the khorns which I am now a very proud owner of!!!!

Of course I will play good samaratin, however, who ever said I was going to pick them up cheap? The guy knew what they were worth, I was just super excited that there was even one for sale in my area!! I live in North Dakota for crying out loud, nothing good ever comes through here, and to top it all off, he was only a couple of miles away! I've been a klipsch fan for many years now, and this is the first pair I've ever seen or even heard mention of in ND. I consider my time with them an honor, and hope to break even on them, or at least not cost me too much, that's why I wanted to know the least amount that they were worth, so that my wife wouldn't kill me for spending a fortune. Believe me, these were worth every penny, they look like they are in better shape than the ones on audiogon. Let's just be happy that they are back in the hands of a klipsch fan loyalist, instead of in a garage.

I think a few guys got excited that they might get a pair really cheap, sorry not the case. But if there are any good samaratins out there, I would really like a sim audio titan[:D], pretty please!!

I love the Khorns, they are beautifull and sound like heaven, I will post pics, as soon as I can stop looking at the khorns, which might be a while. BTW, I have dial up, and the new forums are terrible to navigate, that's why I haven't been back here very often, I spend most of my time on the avs forum now. So when I get my pics up, they will be over there.