a little red flag on Audiogon... do you suppose this is a scam?

Daddy Dee

That is an RW-12 that retailed for $595 (as I remember). I bought one on ebay a month ago for $345 and it to $50 to ship it from Indiana to Wichita. So the price here seems consistent with my deal.

I using mime in a secondary system. The RW is much better than a KSW-12, but won't keep up with K-Horns.

well that's an odd phrase- why would he care how far you drive to pick them up?

Yes, I thought it was odd, too. I e-mailed him again to clarify that I would expect to pick them up at his location. He responded that it would depend on when and where and how far I can to come to pick them up. I e-mailed him back and suggested that if I were the buyer, I would pick them up at a time and place of the seller's convenience and that I did not know why where I came from would be of any concern to him. He responded with a huff and suggested that if I wanted to buy them, I would deal with him like every one else, that would be that he would ship them. Bottom line, after the three e-mail series, he never would agree to a local pick up.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. Probably that he is just a cranky seller. I noticed that he has a regular e-mail address, not a hotmail account or such as that. Even though I think it is probably not a scam, I wouldn't be comfortable doing business with this seller.