Top 10 reasons Americans are so fat

I did this...I didn't turn into Charles Atlas, but I did go from 200 pounds to 167 and 30% body fat to 17% in 12 weeks. (OK, I cheated...a lot!) Easy to do the program actually. Exercise, protein, carb portion control, six meals a day and fat intake reduction (30 grams or less) is the key to it.

http://www.bodyforlife.com/success/beforeAfterAfters.asp

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

outdated texts..... Reason why pork is forbidden by muslims and jews is because it spoils quickly in the hotter climate and produces a really bad poison as it spoils.

The more outdated the better. The text will be more accurate and you won't be mislead by some poor interpretation. Also Pork is forbidden by everyone not limited to Muslims and Jews.

I love the fact that in Leviticus 11, god says his animals are "unclean" and an "abomination to you" what about the animal that eats and "abomination to you" since you are what you eat do you become an "abomination to yourself?"

I really didn't want to turn this religious. Some animals are unlcean to be received ( eaten) not all. To eat these unclean foods would be a sin to your body ( Russian roullette with your health), and I highly doubt it would ever be a sin against your soul. Kind of like shooting heroin or something ( just kiddin).

I never knew a father that said his children were unclean, as god is father to us all and animals, he just called his children unclean and abominations......

He never did such a thing in the way your thinking. If you were to touch these animals when they were dead. You would be very unclean back then with their lack of medical facilities. You had to do certain rituals so you wouldn't cause a huge outbreak. You certainly wouldn't want it touching any of your cooking accessories, and utensils either. That's why things were done the way they were back then.

The oceans are one of the biggest source of food and natural resources that have been untouched so far by man. The ocean is getting dirtier but for the moment once you go out to deep sea, its pretty clean because the earth is something like 70% ocean and it has a great capacity to absorb out waste but its losing... One of the best foods to actually eat but western people will not eat is kelp or seaweed. Going past preconcieved notions, it contains more vitamins and minerals than any land based plants, it even has proteins and stuff not associated with land based plants. Also it is already used in toothpaste (the grit) and provides more than 50% of the worlds oxygen supply as kelp is one of the quickest growing plants in the world, growing more than 10 feet a day in some species. Personally I find it not disgusting in taste and think of it as tasteless. BTW there are many assortments of seaweed which tastes different.

I dont' think there is anything against eating seaweed. I think it's more a living creature reference like creepy crawlys, and swimming things not veggies. I agree with you there I think we should be looking to the oceans for answers and not to space. For cures for diseases, and healthy suppliments. Instead of finding a virus from outer space. That we will never be able to cure because the cure will be on some planet that insn't possible to reach in time. Pork is bad for anyone. Most doctors will tell you that. I thought it was a very good guideline for a diet. No one should be eating horses, cats, dogs, crowes, crabs, ext... Pretty much common sense stuff, but there are the things like shrimp, lobster, catfish ( which I love, hmmmmm so tender) that is bad for you. I'm not Jewish but it doesn't mean I don't believe it, and know for a fact. That same food makes me sick when I eat it. I'm usually gonna be going to the crapper after I eat it. No not cats, and dogs but pork fat, and shrimp. [:D]

I remember some part of the pig is really lean, I think its pork loin or something. Its leaner than any other meat in just that part. For crabs, its us to blame why their bad to eat, crabs live on the floor where most of the heavy metals sit near industrialized cities. As with most animals, yeah I wouldn't eat anything that can be seen at a zoo or as a pet but when push comes to shove like i.e. put in a survivor type island etc.......

Also people have some good claims about eating creepy crawly stuff...... Insects and worms are basically all animal protein, no fat...... Some people do eat them cause the nutritional value. Some like the taste but I yet to knowingly and willingly eat one..... So says the snapple bottle that you suck up 6 spiders a year while you sleep.......