Forte II OO wanted

Okay gang, I've got this office in my home where I spend 75% of my waking hours. Got a nice HK730 hooked up to the iMac jukebox. I have a very nice set of walnut Dahlquist M904 8" two way bass reflex that sound very smooth and dig pretty deep, if somewhat inefficient.

I'm embarassed as hell that this, the room where I do most of my listening, does not have Klipsch speakers. I've tried Heresies- no go without a sub and there isn't room for it. They just seem to be screechy in the midrange with no low punch.

So I think I'm looking for a pair of Forte II's in Oiled Oak for this room. If anyone sees any in the midwest, please send my way. Or I'm open to suggestions. Footprint size does not allow Chorus or Cornwall. I could put RB's in, but the slight tower design looks more elegant and I don't have available bookshelf space for RB.

I think these are exactly what I passed along to Dtel last year. The pair at that time was closer to him and finished off his 6 ch system of all Forte's so it was the right thing to do. I'm just trying to make the house all-Klipsch now.

Thanks,

Michael

You know I got just what you need. OO Forte II, I am the original owner, pretty close to perfect and have the boxes.

I'll trade you straight up for one set of LSI single bass bins with aluminum trim. I'll even spring for the gas in both directions, feed you, and let you crash at Casa-de-Rich so you don't have to make it a non-stop round trip.[;)] Arn't I generous?[6]

Thanks guys and very sweet offer there Rich.

The hints for determining whether it is a I or II are twofold. First, the passive in the back is 12" in the original, so same size as the front woofer- I look for the space between the cone and edge of cabinet. In a II the passive is 15" which eats up the whole backside.

Also the I sports a Heresy type exponential mid horn with curve cutout for the woofer, while II sports the newer Tractrix horn.

So thanks for the tips Mike, but both of those are 'I' types.

I hate to be picky, but I'm specifically looking for the II version in Oiled Oak. And driving distance (although I'm not sure what that means to me anymore- ok, neighboring state, how about that?)

Michael

Thanks guys and very sweet offer there Rich.

I hate to be picky, but I'm specifically looking for the II version in Oiled Oak. And driving distance (although I'm not sure what that means to me anymore- ok, neighboring state, how about that?)

Michael

I got that all covered except for the neighboring state part. It is only 7 hours 45 minutes from my door to Detroit. Can't be much further from Indy. Ok, I'll kick in an additional 50 bucks to softern the blow between FII and LSI. [:P]

OK, thanks for the info.

To be honest I have Chorus I's, and used to own Chorus II's at the same time for my HT, and after doing much swapping back and forth from mains to rears, I ended up preferring the I's and selling the II's to Jhawk92.

I'm probably the only person who prefers the I's to II's, but what can I tell ya... it just sounded like a much more balanced speaker to me.

Mike

Y'know Rich, I should probably just go ahead and take you up on your offer. After all, the Forte II's would be enjoyed daily, while the LSI's just sit in the garage and collect dust for the most part.

And you'd probably get good use from the LSI's and I have another pair anyway.

So where can we meet?

Michael

jk, I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid!

Bwaa haaa haaaa, my brow beating pays off...just kidding...how long have I been trying to talk you out of your LSIs???<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Oh I don't know where we could meet. Let's drop in on Dean or some other OH member. That has to be about 1/2 way. Nothing like inviting yourself, right? How about <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Pittsburgh, or Clevland those are fun towns.

I'm 1/2 serious are you? I swore I would never get rid of my F IIs and plan to be buried with them...or at least cremated in them[:|]

Oh, is that a GOTCHA ? BWHAHAHAHAHA

My day is now complete. Thanks for taking it like a man Rich! Sorry to get your heart going there for a minute- you to Doc!

Yea, you got me good. I was sort of feeling bad about it to tell you the truth. My F II offer was more in jest then anything...because I knew it was a totally lopsided trade from a pure money/value stand point in my favor. However, my particular F IIs are easily worth 1500 or so to ME, and probably me only. Sure I could get another pair...but they would not be mine that nobody opened, not even the store once they left Hope.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Still I would love the LSIs so the little hamster on the wheel was spinning in my head, how do I break it to CP1 that I really don't want to trade as much as I would rather buy his LSIs outright.

Well done! Good laugh on my end...and probably a marriage saver because I know the reaction I would get if I went home and said guess what? I am driving 5 hours to swap for some speakers that are bigger and uglier (her opinion) then the current set.

how bout this, Rich...

Next time I'm at Colter's place I'll just sneak a pair into the back of

my subaru. Like he said, he never goes out in the garage to listen to

them anyway so won't notice until I'm long gone. I'll even drive them

to your door if you pay my gas plus oh say, the $200 they're worth (so I can get me that Denon reciever).

He does have all his serial #'s logged, but it wouldn't take much work

to manipulate them and you can claim you bought them outta some white

van scandal from an idiot that didn't know what he had.

I'm not sure how to handle the marriage thing though...maybe put her in

the back of my subaru and I'll drop her off in Colter's garage on the

way back in place of the LSI's - and then the wall of klipsch will

surely send her running home to your small lascalas [;)] Or maybe I can drop her off in Hunter's garage with the huge MCM stacks [H]

[<:o)][;)][:o][H][:D]

dtel, do you have both I's and II's? I think the II's would be better, but would like a real opinion from someone who has both.

I figure- newer = better looking, 15 = more bass, tractrix= smoother mids.

But I've been wrong before. lotsa times.

Michael