Forte II OO wanted

Jordan's idea is worth a shot. You never know what you'll find! Otherwise, are you sure you don't have something that'll work? Maybe change amps? Rich's trade might not be such a bad idea, something you can use for something you can't??

• Moderators

dtel, do you have both I's and II's? I think the II's would be better, but would like a real opinion from someone who has both.

I figure- newer = better looking, 15 = more bass, tractrix= smoother mids.

But I've been wrong before. lotsa times.

Michael

Michael,

We set one Forte I on the left channel and the Forte II on the right channel, which may not be a fair way to evaluate the sound.

That being said, there was not a significant difference between the two. We did not listen for a long time because we were anxious to get the six channel set up, with the three Forte II's across the front, two Forte II's left and right rear and a Forte I rear center.

Having had only Forte II's for a while we can tell you we are extremely please with the sound. Since the Forte I's and Forte II's are very close in price we would recommend going with the one that "appears" to be the better buy. Forte II's.