BI-WIRING RF-3'S (DrPyro)

Klipsch-daddy

DrPyro,

How do you do this on the rf-3's with a regular receiver? Will this improve the sound and the output.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

I JUST tried this for the first time on my RB-5's.

To test the results, I listened to a CD in regular stereo mode, with one speaker bi-wired and the other single-wired, shifting the balance all the way to the left or the right. For the most part I couldn't tell the difference, BUT there were a few tracks where the high notes were MUCH clearer on the bi-wired speaker, in some parts of certain songs. Why this should be, I don't know. I went ahead and bi-wired my fronts and center. Can I tell a big difference now, especially in home theater, which is what I mostly listen to? Not really.

It is easy to biwire with a regular receiver. Take a regular strand of speaker wire, twist the two ends on one side together, and put them into the negative terminal on your reciever. Make sure they aren't touching any other metal part of your reciever, just the negative terminal. Then you take the other side and instead of twisting the two ends together of course, you feed them into the two negative terminals on your Klipsch speaker (BE SURE AND REMOVE THE GOLD METAL GROUNDING PIECES CONNECTING THE TWO SETS OF INPUTS FIRST!) Do the same thing for the positive terminals, and abracadabra--you've biwired your speaker.

Let us know how you think it sounds.

Bi-wire, it is your choice.

Two small cables or just one decent cable.

Give me one decent cable that handles all the frequencies. Keep it simple!!!

It is the resistance of the cable that will alter the frequency once it is to high.

I think that bi-wiring comes along with bi-amping, but here I can say the same thing. Get one good amp with the power you need.

I use braided FTP cable. See for more info on the technical questions forum topic audio cables... .

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RF-3's

Center: RC-3

I want to update my opinion on bi-wiring.

I was just listening to some regular stereo antenna broadcats, of all thing, just NBC,CBS, etc--and it sounded GREATLY improved. The soundstage just seems much fuller, and the sounds more nuanced somehow.

I'm a believer. I say bi-wire.

Klipsch-daddy:

For my RF-3s, I went and bought some Monster Cable MCX-1S BiWires (Approx $85). They made my life easy when connecting from my Denon 3801 to the RF-3s. These (and most Biwire cables) have one end with the standard Red & black Banana connectors that split to four Banana wire connectors, 2 red & 2 blk. I Removed the gold bar that connects the 4 posts on the RF-3s and pluged the cables in....presto

When i biwired, the change was not huge (was using Monster MCX-1S (nonBiwire)). IMHO, the base was a bit tighter and had more of a punch....I listened several times...to decide which i like better...Biwire won! I'm afraid that i can't describe the sound changes much more then this since its been amost 4 months since i switched.

I recomend to try it out...The company i bought the wire from was nice enough to allow me to take back the "old" cable for a refund....One of the nice advantages to buying your complete system from the same place :-)

-DrPyro

-

------------------

Receiver: Denon AVR-3801

DVD: Denon DVD-1000

Rear: RS-3's

SubW: KSW-12

DrPyro,

I have 12 gauge oxygen free braided speaker wire coming to my speakers from my receiver. What I did was cut another piece of wire and twisted to the wire coming from the receiver and placed it in the top connectors. And with the other I connected to the bottom. Is this right?

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Klipsch-daddy:

Yes...that would work fine. You might also look into Dual (gold plated) banana connectors to make it really easy to connect the two wires at the reciever and the speakers if you wish.

I tried to find the part on Radio Shack website, I seem to remember that it looked a bit different then the link below...but this part will work great for $7 or so

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F005%5F003%5F003%5F000&product%5Fid=910%2D0886

-DrPyro

------------------

Receiver: Denon AVR-3801

DVD: Denon DVD-1000

Rear: RS-3's

SubW: KSW-12