Kg4 vs Heresy 2

SWEET! 67...the best year still.

I agree that 67 is the best year ever for a vette. The only thing better is the 427 hood with contrasting paint. I thik that is the ultimate mussle car as far as looks go. They have just gotten insane expensive.

SC0505-24416a.jpg

Nice one Pete...Never ridden a Triumph.  Used to have a Harley, but almost got run over a few times so I gave it up.  At least in the Vette I have a chance.  Not much of one, but a little...

KG

KG, I almost never ride this one. Too nuts with Chicago drivers. Had five Vettes in my time. Oldest was a 64 rag (driver) newest was an 86. The one that got away and I will always regret was my 69 427/435 tri rag. Sold it with orig. 28K on the clock. It was perfect. I guess we took this post WAY off speakers:)

icon_post_show.gif 05-10-2006, 10:30 PM

731481 in reply to 731242

heresy2guy is online. Last active: 07-15-2006, 9:43 PMheresy2guy

Top 500 Contributor

Joined on 12-16-2002

La Jolla, CA

Posts 352

Re: Need help with my Heresy III purchase....

Reply Quote Edit Favorites

//</p><p>/*** ComponentArt Web.UI client-side storage for ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu ***/</p><p>window.ComponentArt_Storage_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu=[];</p><p>window.ComponentArt_ItemLooks_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu=[[0,'DefaultItemLook',1,'CommonContextMenuItem',2,'CommonContextMenuItemHover',5,2,6,5,7,15,8,2,10,'CommonContextMenuItemExpanded']];</p><p>window.ComponentArt_ScrollLooks_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu=[[0,'DefaultItemLook'],[0,'DefaultItemLook']];</p><p>//

//</p><p>if (!(window.cart_menu_documentmousedownhandled))</p><p>{</p><p>ComponentArt_AddEventHandler(document,'mousedown',new Function('event','ComponentArt_Menu_DocumentMouseDown(event)'));</p><p>window.cart_menu_documentmousedownhandled = true;</p><p>}</p><p>//

//</p><p>if (!(window.cart_menu_documentmouseuphandled))</p><p>{</p><p>ComponentArt_AddEventHandler(document,'mouseup',new Function('event','ComponentArt_Menu_DocumentMouseUp(event)'));</p><p>window.cart_menu_documentmouseuphandled = true;</p><p>}</p><p>//

//</p><p>/*** ComponentArt_Menu_Startup_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu ***/</p><p>window.ComponentArt_Init_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu = function() {</p><p>if (!(window.cart_menu_kernel_loaded && window.cart_menu_support_loaded))</p><p>{</p><p> setTimeout('ComponentArt_Init_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu()', 500);</p><p> return;</p><p>}</p><p>window.ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu = new ComponentArt_Menu('ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu',ComponentArt_Storage_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu,ComponentArt_ItemLooks_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu,ComponentArt_ScrollLooks_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu);</p><p>var properties = [</p><p>['CascadeCollapse',true],['ClientSideOnContextMenuHide',new Function('eval(&#092;'window.ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu_ServerPopulatedPopupMenu.ContextMenuClosed()&#092;')')],['ClientSideOnContextMenuShow',null],['ClientSideOnItemSelect',null],['ClientSideOnItemMouseOut',null],['ClientSideOnItemMouseOver',null],['CssClass','CommonContextMenuGroup'],['CollapseDelay',500],['CollapseDuration',200],['CollapseSlide',2],['CollapseTransition',0],['CollapseTransitionCustomFilter',null],['ContextControlId',null],['ContextData',null],['ContextMenu',3],['ControlId','ctl00$ctl01$bcr$ctl00$_$PostRepeater$ctl01$FavoritePopupMenu$_$Menu'],['DefaultTarget',''],['ExpandDelay',0],['ExpandDuration',200],['ExpandOnClick',false],['ExpandSlide',2],['ExpandTransition',0],['ExpandTransitionCustomFilter',null],['Height',null],['HideSelectElements',cart_browser_hideselects && true],['HighlightExpandedPath',true],['MultiPageId',null],['Orientation',0],['OverlayWindowedElements',cart_browser_overlays && true],['PlaceHolderId','ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu_div'],['ScrollingEnabled',false],['ShadowColor','#8D8F95'],['ShadowEnabled',true],['ShadowOffset',2],['TopGroupItemSpacing',null],['TopGroupExpandDirection',2],['Width',null],];</p><p>ComponentArt_SetProperties(ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu, properties);</p><p>ComponentArt_Menu_RenderMenu(ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu);</p><p>ComponentArt_Menu_InitKeyboard(ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu);</p><p>window.ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu_loaded = true;</p><p>}</p><p>ComponentArt_Init_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu();</p><p>//

//</p><p>window.ComponentArt_Init_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback = function() {</p><p>if(!window.ComponentArt_Callback_Loaded)</p><p> {setTimeout('ComponentArt_Init_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback()', 50); return; }</p><p>window.ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback = new ComponentArt_Callback('ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback');</p><p>ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback.CallbackPrefix = 'http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/3/731481/ShowThread.aspx';</p><p>ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback.CallbackParamDelimiter = '&';</p><p>ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback.ClientSideOnCallbackComplete = new Function('eval(&#092;'window.ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Menu_ServerPopulatedPopupMenu.ShowContextMenu(0);&#092;');');</p><p>ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback.LoadingPanelClientTemplate = ' ';</p><p>ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback.Parameter = '';</p><p>ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback.Postback = function() { __doPostBack('ctl00$ctl01$bcr$ctl00$_$PostRepeater$ctl01$FavoritePopupMenu$_$Callback','') };</p><p>}</p><p>ComponentArt_Init_ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_FavoritePopupMenu___Callback();</p><p>//

Contact

I've been running my Heresy IIs with my KG4s for some time now. I did a post on this awhile ago. Both speakers compliment each other very well. When I listen solely to the Heresys, they have great mids and highs but weak bass (what can you really expect from a 63hz cutoff). When I listen solely to the KG4s, they have great bass and great highs but weak mids. When I run them together, they fill in the others audible "holes" and make for a very nice, well-rounded sound that goes from around 38hz all the way up to 20khz...and with a great, heritage-sounding midrange to boot thanks to the Heresys midrange horn.

Of course, you could simply buy Khorns, Cornwalls, Fortes, KLF30s/20s, Quartets, etc..., and get that great, full-range, horn-loaded midrange sound without having to resort to buying and running a second set of speakers or a subwoofer.

I bought the KG4s a year or two ago simply because a guy who lived about 10 minutes away was selling them for $200 and they looked practically brand new. For that price, I figured I couldn't go wrong. For the record, I bought the Heresy IIs brand new around 1990 or 91.

I've got them set up like this:

HII KG4 TV KG4 HII

The HIIs are tucked into the corners, toed-in, and are on small stands that bring the tweeters up to the KG4s' tweeter height.

Report abuse

Quick Reply

Maybe it's not a Triumph, I don't see an oil puddle.................

If you rode it around the block you would see one:)

No way, That bike is real clean..........does it have the normal oil drip??? Most of them did it.............it's kinda part of their charm..................It's still a nice example of a Triumph............

Maybe it's not a Triumph, I don't see an oil puddle.................

If you rode it around the block you would see one:)

No way, That bike is real clean..........does it have the normal oil drip??? Most of them did it.............it's kinda part of their charm..................It's still a nice example of a Triumph............

It actually doesnt leak any oil. I had it completely restored 2 years ago and its extremly reliable. Starts first kick every time. Very light and fun bike to ride. Pete