Records for the car - Chrysler Hi-Fi

Parrot

Paul,

A friend after high school, but not so much while in, had a 55 Chevy that he had put a record player in. As I recall, the tone arm on his was underneath the record. Worse case scenario was the tone arm fell away from the record. It tracked pretty well as best I remember. Brings back memories. Thanks.

Bruce

Oh my God, I'm so old I remember when they sold 45rpm record players for Cars, add ons, top Custom Cars had them for show displays, just about the time FM converters started to hit the open market for cars, one more, Reverb units, "echo chamber" for cars, high tech stuff for us old farts..........................

I'm an avid Chrysler (Mopar) enthusiast. I've seen many of these players over the years at car shows and swap meets. They are worth a fair amount of money in good shape. The big problem with them, and the reason they never took off, is the records are 16 rpm. Records were available from Chrysler. I'm not sure what other 16 rpm vinyl was available at the time. That was before my day.

Jeremy

I'm an avid Chrysler (Mopar) enthusiast. I've seen many of these players over the years at car shows and swap meets. They are worth a fair amount of money in good shape. The big problem with them, and the reason they never took off, is the records are 16 rpm. Records were available from Chrysler. I'm not sure what other 16 rpm vinyl was available at the time. That was before my day.

Jeremy

How about the Sinatra Edition from Chrysler complete with Sinatra Chrome Cassettes Tapes for your listening pleasure...................

My father has a 56 Plymouth (project car), that has the brackets under the dash to hang the Hi-Way Hi-Fi , but the player was robbed long ago. Going to the Mopar Nationals in a few weeks, i'll see if I can find some and snap some pics.

Jeremy

Oh my God, I'm so old I remember when they sold 45rpm record players for Cars, add ons, top Custom Cars had them for show displays, just about the time FM converters started to hit the open market for cars, one more, Reverb units, "echo chamber" for cars, high tech stuff for us old farts..........................

I thought some of those 'echo chamber' things were still being used by a couple of forum members... [A]

[;)]

I thought some of those 'echo chamber' things were still being used by a couple of forum members... [A]

You are probably right, sorta like an 8 track stuck on the same track....over and over and over......................[;)][:S]