Fair Reserve Price for Cerwin Vega LE-15D Subwoofer???

I will be attempting to sell an old Cerwin Vega LE-15D Subwoofer on Ebay. Anyone have recommendations on what would be a fair reserve price?

I purchased this speaker as part of $1500+ upgrade of a stereo system in a van in 1985. Speaker is in excellent condition and has been in storage since 1993. I also plan on selling the following car stereo components:

1 Kenwood KRC-999 Receiver with manual

1 Kenwood KGC-4400 5-band Equalizer, SubWoofer Volume and Front/Rear Volume Controller

3 Kenwood KAC-7020 Amps 70 watts per channel

1 Kenwood KAC-8200 Amp (http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-KAC-8200_W0QQitemZ9745096983QQihZ008QQcategoryZ39734QQcmdZViewItem)

2 Kenwood KAC-5020 Amps 50 watts per channel

2 Kenwood KFC 6977 6x9 speakers 100 watts

2 Kenwood KFC 6988 6x9 speakers 150 watts

post-19207-13819304397244_thumb.jpg

That was a hell of a system in 1985, subwoofers were just starting to be used in automobiles back then and Cerwin Vega was one of the first companies to offer them. I wish I could find a pair of their old school CS-15 6x9 coaxials, I have the CS-18a's from that era still.

That KRC-999 was a hell of a cassette deck, so many buttons, knobs, and little sliding drawers. Does it still work well? It was known as a hybrid deck and the specs on it rivaled the Nakamichi TD-500 and TD-700 that were available at the time. I friend of mine had one in his Honda Prelude with the KAC-1020 amp and a pair of Heresy's in the back. That thing was loud! The KAC-1020 had like 10% THD at rated output but sounded great if you did not push it close to max output.

That was a hell of a system in 1985, subwoofers were just starting to be used in automobiles back then and Cerwin Vega was one of the first companies to offer them. I wish I could find a pair of their old school CS-15 6x9 coaxials, I have the CS-18a's from that era still.

That KRC-999 was a hell of a cassette deck, so many buttons, knobs, and little sliding drawers. Does it still work well? It was known as a hybrid deck and the specs on it rivaled the Nakamichi TD-500 and TD-700 that were available at the time. I friend of mine had one in his Honda Prelude with the KAC-1020 amp and a pair of Heresy's in the back. That thing was loud! The KAC-1020 had like 10% THD at rated output but sounded great if you did not push it close to max output.

The Kenwood car stereo system was a great system in 1985. All the above gear was in Chevy conversion van for 3 years. I loved the system so much I couldn't part with it when I traded the van in on a new 1988 Daytona. The Chrysler dealer agreed in writing to pull out all the stereo gear from the Chevy van without even looking in the van. He was surprised to find so much gear had to pulled out of the van when I drove it into the service bay. [:D]

I had all the car stereo gear custom installed into the Daytona - including the 15" subwoofer. It was hard to tell which made the Daytona vibrate more - the speakers or the engine. In 1993 all this gear was still functioning perfectly when I pulled all the equipment out of Daytona before I sold it. I intended on installing this car stereo in another car, but for next 13 years the stereo equipment just sat in boxes in my study.

Now I plan on selling all this equipment on Ebay. This will be the first time I have sold anything on EBay. I need to find out what process must be followed to place a listing. But first, I would like to find out what the value of all this equipment is. Will it be easier and/or more profitable to sell each piece separately?

I am hoping I will get suggestions from this forum for sale prices that would guide me in setting a reasonable expectation for fair market value for this equipment. Any price determined from the wealth of knowledge the Klipsch forum members possess should be more accurate than a wild guess I could make. Meanwhile I'll keep searching EBay and googling for equipment prices.

I hope that I will be able to earn enough after selling all this gear along with a Vector Research VRX-8000 receiver and a VQ-100 equalizer to make a good down payment on a Heresy III for my home stereo center channel speaker. I trust Dr Who's recommendation that the Heresy III would be a good match for Cornwall III main speakers.

Back to googling and searching EBay ........