Buying used Heresey

vondy

Welcome to the "club" You will never regret the purchase of a pair of heresy speakers. I'm uh up to..... six pair now. I picked these up last week on ebay. couldn't resist. Second pair of decorator's that I plan on veneering. I'll need to replace the woofers so you guys stay away from the ones on ebay. Congrats

post-14322-13819305119598_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I moved my new Heresys into the corners. They do sound better I believe. Still missing some bass on the heavier stuff. Will definitely need a sub in the future.

I noticed that the music seemed to come much more from the left speaker. Checked my balance and everything. I think the right channel is not putting out as strong as the left. Even when I turn the balance more to the right I can still hear a pronounced left side. Switched the speakers around and all that as well. Doesn't seem to be them.

Perhaps my receiver has seen better days.

So I started thinking about purchasing a new receiver... in the future that is, got to save more money after the Heresys.

I need something with the quality to go along with the Klipsch of course. Right now I have no HT system but would at some point, so I need something that will handle that as well. Mostly interested in the music though.

Decent brands I am familiar with are Denon and Yamaha. I'm sure the folks here have tons of opinions on the subject. Would love to hear them.

Thanks!

LOTSA talk about Heresys and the Twin Powered Harman Kardon receivers...can be found on eBay for about $100 or so (up or down) and supposed to sound VERY tubelike as well as plenty of power...I did well with Heresys and Nakamichi STASIS from the late '80s...those can be found too on eBay...then there are Tubes...Scott, EICO, Fisher, etc...good luck

Bill

the heresys arrived today, only 4 dinged corners. Not bad but since they will be revived it won't matter that much. I don't understand why someone will package something that weighs 50 lbs. in a cardboard box and expect it to get delivered undamaged. Oh, well. Here's what I did to the first pair. Cherry veneer!

post-14322-13819307367076_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the "club" You will never regret the purchase of a pair of heresy speakers. I'm uh up to..... six pair now. I picked these up last week on ebay. couldn't resist. Second pair of decorator's that I plan on veneering. I'll need to replace the woofers so you guys stay away from the ones on ebay. Congrats

ooo, I like dem little footies, very cute. I'd leave the cabs and just freshen the drivers.

the heresys arrived today, only 4 dinged corners. Not bad but since they will be revived it won't matter that much. I don't understand why someone will package something that weighs 50 lbs. in a cardboard box and expect it to get delivered undamaged. Oh, well. Here's what I did to the first pair. Cherry veneer!

Nice veneer job- got any more closeups? I like your blackout job on the cutouts. Any other mods while your're in there?