Heresy Label Coding. What have I got here?

Bruce,

Everyone did not settle on misspelling the plural of Heresyperhaps many or mostbut not everyone. If the spelling of an unorthodox religious belief were "Heresey," then the plural would be Hereseys." Since it is spelled "Heresy" (whether the theological or wooden variety), the proper spelling of the plural is "Heresies.

Dont misunderstand me; creative misspelling and customized grammar and syntax are something that must be tolerated while using any internet forum. But, Chris' comment related to the correct spelling of the plural of Heresy, he did not ask for the most popular misspelling.

The forum shouldn't stop with spelling, let's come to an agreement that the laws of physics don't apply to Heresies, so that we can listen to full throttle 32hz pipe organ music with SET amps :-).

[:D]

I have to agree with you, don't I? It doesn't really matter to me, concerning the wooden kind. The other kind I would be very concered about. My wife worked as a proofreader/copyeditor. I really do appreciate correct spellings, and as you say, we tolerate certain grammar and syntax errors while on line.

As an aside, the school where I work uses the word pre-eminent. They (administration) decided to take out the hyphen, spelling the word preeminent. Quite a debate about it, but it goes on all the letterhead and business stationery.

I can hear the 31Hz B string on an electric bass with my SETs and my stock LaScalas. [;)] Just not very loudly. It is there though. I do hope to do the LS mod later this year, and am hoping those notes will be a bit more obvious.

Bruce

""Someone may have the old pricelist handy which could confirm it. It shows initials in the product code.""

don't have a 79 price list. the 77 price list only shows the below for Hersey's

Standard models

H-WO

H-WL

H-D-BR

H-D-BB

HD-BR

HD-BB

Custom Models

C-RL this is Rosewood Lacquer

C-TO this is Oil on Teak

C-Cl this is Cherry Lacquer

C-OL this is Oak Lacquer

On the 77 price list, the only model with an LS in the serial number was the LaScala, which showed L-S-B-LS which was Birch Plywood - Lacquer Stained.

Bruce,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I look forward to hearing your impressions of the La Scala bass reflex mod.

As you may know, it was my original plan to make boxes for under the La Scalas to provide the additional volume and to locate the ports. I planned to make them rough out of MDF just to see if I liked the results. After realizing that elevating the schools La Scalas another 10" from their already high perches atop the instrument lockers was unacceptable, I decided to seal the tops, open the bass bins at the tops and port out the backs of the tops.

If I were doing it for home use, Id do the boxes underneath. Its much more easily reversible. Feel free to contact me for info and/or encouragement. The mods to the balancing networks seemed perfect. I can help you avoid re-inventing the wheel.

Please let me know if you ever decide to part with them to upgrade to Cornwall's, La Scala's, Belle's or Klipschorn's. I would give you top dollar for them.

I have been looking for some Heresy's with an other than the standard finishes.

Thanks. I have

received a few such requests now. It is

wonderful to know that they have such collector appeal. My own desire to hold on to them is based on

their more universal sonic appeal, their good condition, and handsome looks

(though other more common veneers would have done just as well).

Besides (now, I feel silly admitting this), I think I would feel too guilty selling them. The fellow who sold them to me did not know that they were special-- other than to him. And he did love them, but there was no room for them in his new, small condo. I only knew that they were in quite nice shape, and sounded good. I had to agree to purchase his receiver and cd player as well (he was selling it all as a package), and practically promise never to split them up. It was a bit like an adoption. Still, I thought it was a fair deal. The cd player is nothing remarkable, but the receiver is actually quite nice. It's a Tandberg TR 2080, something that I lusted after back when I was in college. I figured that I was getting a $150 receiver, $350 speakers, and a big clunky old cd-player. I'm happy. He's happy. It all worked out very nicely. But I would feel the villain if I flipped the speakers. Silly, I know.

I've got the Tandberg driving a massive pair of Rectilinear III's, which are wonderful sounding speakers, but great greedy power hogs. 80 ss watts is barely adequate for them.

He told me that a couple of fellows had been pushing him to sell just the speakers, but that he didn't like their attitude. He wanted them to go to someone with passion. After all of that, how can I do anything other than keep them, enjoy them, and try to be a good steward for some future kook?

-Chris

After all of that, how can I do anything other than keep them, enjoy them, and try to be a good steward for some future kook?

-Chris

Gee, that's how this disease starts. Classic symptoms for sure.

Bruce