Anybody else just LOVE the Beach Boys?

jdm56

Oldb,you Beach Boy bashin' blank.....just kiddin'.I was born in 60,my bro and sisters were much older(at least back then)and listened to all the pop/rock(stacks of 45's).I started listening music from the time I was old enough to understand the words.Strange as it may be I knew the words(most of em') to every song on the radio by about 6 years old.I was drawn to the more hard edge stuff of the time(mid 60's,Kinks,Beatles and the like).I thought the BB's were kinda corny compared to Strawberry Alarm Clock.It was only when I was grown that I listened with a new appreciation of the simple yet good tunes of the BB.I suppose it's mostly the nostalgia but it's just fun to hear em',not often but sometimes.

Oldb,you Beach Boy bashin' blank.....just kiddin'.I was born in 60,my bro and sisters were much older(at least back then)and listened to all the pop/rock(stacks of 45's).I started listening music from the time I was old enough to understand the words.Strange as it may be I knew the words(most of em') to every song on the radio by about 6 years old.I was drawn to the more hard edge stuff of the time(mid 60's,Kinks,Beatles and the like).I thought the BB's were kinda corny compared to Strawberry Alarm Clock.It was only when I was grown that I listened with a new appreciation of the simple yet good tunes of the BB.I suppose it's mostly the nostalgia but it's just fun to hear em',not often but sometimes.

Truth be known I bet most of the guys on here either listened to, owned, borrowed, recorded Beach Boys music...............We all have at one time or another.......They do belong in the early chapters of Rock History.......that's just the way it is........I wouldn't try to change that................Being born in 48, I was just entering TEENHOOD in 60 and had my trusty new transistor radio listening to like you said pop/rock radio of the time in Boston, and the Beach Boys ruled at that time.............I really think the British Invasion hurt the Boys and they didn't know how to respond to the new sound.........lost valuable time coming up with an answer to put them back on top of charts........and the rest is History......I'll even go one step further.............I DO SING TO BEACH BOY SONGS when I hear them from time to time........Ssssh Fish......don't tell any one.......I know the words......... one more Diamond Dave's California Girls is the Best version...........

I'll take Good Vibrations and Sloop John B. ..oh, and All Summer Long. I'll leave the rest [:)]

What the heck is a "Pet Sound" anyway?

Two out of three ain't bad..............................Oooops that's MeatLoaf.................Good Vibes, and Sloop were good.....................All summer Long......nah...............A dog barking, that's a Pet Sound........eh.............

Hey Oldb, don't get me wrong either, I appreciate their place in history and all that. But the question of the thread was if you just LOVE the Beach Boys and well, I still agree with you, the answer is no. I enjoy surf music, like Dick Dale much more, and still cringe when the Beach Boys mispronounce such famous surf spots like Waimea Bay. It kind of takes away their credibility for me.

Hey Oldb, don't get me wrong either, I appreciate their place in history and all that. But the question of the thread was if you just LOVE the Beach Boys and well, I still agree with you, the answer is no. I enjoy surf music, like Dick Dale much more, and still cringe when the Beach Boys mispronounce such famous surf spots like Waimea Bay. It kind of takes away their credibility for me.

Dick Dale IS Surf Music, as I know it, so is Jan and Dean, but your right, the thread is about Love the Beach Boys, and I shouldn't responsed the way I do, but I think their importance is a little Overblown..............Their place in Rock History is correct, but just not as important as some feel..................I don't think I've been mean or nasty with what I've posted, just looking at it with a different set of eyes...........having, really grown-up with their music, other than cars, girls, and Beach, and an endless summer, what did they ever take a position on? Good Time Music is great............but, so was Mitch Miller.............I listen to Beach Boy songs,........"Wouldn't it be Nice"......................Yeah, it would.......