My Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v1

SilverSport

oldbuckster...yes, the crow tasted terrible...had enough...as for the Azur 640C v1...listened to Dire Straits...Brothers In Arms...nice (older CD, had to goose the volume back just a bit), if anyone is looking for one of these, there have been several on audioGon...right after I bought this one, a v2 came up in perfect condition for $35 bux more than I paid...I checked back and I don't see it but there are a few v1s on there still...

Anyone here know if it might be a quick fix or have any ideas why the button for the open close door would not work when the remote works fine as does the "play" button on the unit at closing the door??? Might it be as simple as reconnecting a wire (yes, I'm simple...I bet it's more than that...[;)])...I don't want to root around under the hood and damage anything but this part bugs me...

Thanks

Bill

Bill,

Just a thought. The Open/Close button on the remote doesn't do anything if the unit is in standby mode. Once the machine is "on", the Open/Close button should open the drawer.

Mark

thanks...I did think of that...not it...I try the button everytime I use the unit in hopes it will come back to life...I have a complaint in to USPS for insurance and one to the seller but we'll see...I can live with it and if it is out of warranty or a big price to fix I'll either live with it or open it up and see for myself if I can reattach something...

Thanks,

Bill