JBL 2470 diaphragm questions

dubai2000

Today I received my JBL 2470 drivers. They should be the 16 ohm version and I was wondering if I got things right about checking the diaphragm condition:

1) The only way of doing this is by using an ohm meter, right?

2) The meter readings should be around 10/11 ohm, right?

3) Anything lower means put in a replacement, right?

4) When installing the new diaphragm (I got myself some Radians) I have to make sure....?

You can see this is the first time I am doing this [:D] so any feedback will be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Wolfram

Maron,

that means they can simply be put into the driver and it's obvious where the red and black side of the diaphragms should be placed?

I have seen some bigger photos of those and it seems the wires from the driver to the diaphragm have to be soldered on, right?

The 'problem' with the 2470s is that one of the previous installed diaphragms (non phenolic) is shot, so new diaphragms are a must and as the Radians don't go low enough......

Sorry for all those questions, but as mentioned above: I am absolutely new to opening up drivers [;)].

Wolfram

The RCF fit the JBL magnet structures, _BUT_, you not only need a soldering iron, but you will need a generator too. The holes for the dowel pins are oversized and the diaphragm must be manually aligned. The high end sounds better than the JBL ones do. The price is nice. I don't use them low, so I can't comment on that (floor monitors crossed at 1.5Khz).