thoughts on a dynavector clearaudio combo??????

joessportster

The reviewer in the above link commented that the horizontal mass was much higher than the vertical. In contrast, the mass of the Graham arm is specifically engineered to be the same in all directions (hence the side weights), and the Vector is probably much closer to the Graham than to the Dynavector.

I was uneasy looking at the Dyanvector because the hills and dales of an off-center record and a cantilever/stylus are multi-directional. But, again, I have no experience or real expertise in such things outside lowering the aforementioned arms onto records.

lc

see a dynavector 507 for sale at 700 now wander if it would compliment my champion level 2 .

any thoughts ?????????

Joe

Considering the original cost of the 507, the $700 is less than 1/3, so the price is OK. There are numerous positive reviews of this arm, and it should work on a non suspended high mass table. Setup and proper armboard drilling to mount the 507 could provide challenges, and additional expenditure.

What armboard is currently on the table? I believe the normally delivered option for that table is their RB250.

Klipsch out.