ATTENTION! FORTE II'S FOR SALE!

gibbymy335

Forum Members,

I was getting ready to have a friend of mine here in Tuscaloosa,AL post my 1996

"DEAD MINT" Klipsch Forte II's on E-Bay along with my mint condition ADCOM

545 PRE-AMP and 555 AMPLIFIER. My FORTE II's are finished in the natural

oak finish with no stain on them! They are absolutely beautiful! I really hate to let

these go as (GET READY FOR THIS) they only have a total playing time of about

5 months on them! Yes you heard right I have had these "Awesome Speakers"

boxed up for the last 10 years! They are in the original boxes and they are flawless

with no nicks,scratches or anything on the finish or the solid black grill clothes!

If you are interested I will let my FORTE II's go for $575! I will not ship them!

Please feel free to contact my if you are interested! I am jonesing terribly for

a Fender Highway One Stratocaster which is the only reason I would sell

my FORTE II's for this price. THIS IS A $225 PRICE DROP FROM THE

ORIGINAL PRICE I POSTED THEM AT!!

I have included one picture of my Forte II's.

Other Pics available!! Will send if requested!

Please feel free to contact me!

Mac Baker

Tuscaloosa,AL

E-Mail:macbaker@comcast.net

post-23465-13819308098058_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

OK you guy's just so you know, I was going to get these speakers from this guy back in August or September; for the same price. Turns out there was a pair of minty ones on ebay local pickup in Houston, 2 days before I close the deal with mac I won the auction. So I saved about $200 and a few hours driving time. Now I have seen all of the pic's of these speakers, I assure you they are perfect in everyway as far as the pic's go. I belive this guy to be honest and sincere.

Jay

Absolutely! I will be checking in on postings at the forum here! I am downsizing

my home stereo system and would love to snag some nice Heresy's down

the road (In a few months)! I am all about my Guitars,Amps and Pedals now

as I am actively playing but not gigging at the moment! Hence the username

of GIBBYMY335! I have an absolutely jaw-dropping Gibson ES-335 finished

in the classic Gibson "VINTAGE SUNBURST" that oozes killer tones through

whatever it is plugged into!

Brian will be contacting you! I am sure we will be seeing each other soon! [;)]

Regards,

Mac Baker [H]

• 2 weeks later...

So are dtel and I going to make a road trip for some lucky someone?[;)]

And BTW Gibby if these are sold are you still going to visit here on the forum every now and then?

Coming to Baltimore any time soon? These forte IIs look mighty good. You know dtel & wife I am not going to give up until I get my 7 forte IIs in place.

Roc I was all but on my way to buy these Forte's, when I lucked out in an auction on ebay. I ended up getting a mint pair from a Doctor and his wife. Otherwise these would be mine. Mac is a really nice guy I have spoken with him on the phone, you will find that he will try to help you in any way that he can.

Jay

• Moderators

These Forte ll's are not for sale anymore !

The new owner is .........................Oldtimer, he contacted the owner last week and and set it up for us to pick them up for him.

We left Saturday am to pick them up, and met the owner / seller Gibbymy 335 / Mac and talked with him about an hour. We even got to meet his neighbor, a very funny retired police officer, these two characters will get along just fine being neighbors.

One thing I can say about Gibbymy335 is he takes care of his speakers, Canyonman was correct when he said Gibby / Mac was a nice guy and the speakers he had were in good condition.

When we got home I took them out of the boxes and played with them for a while. I hooked them up to the HK 930 for a listen, ok a long listen, till Sunday pm. [:P] It was easier than moving my f ll's to hook up to the HK, and I had never listened to the Forte ll's on the HK since Arfandbark sent it here. Also I wanted to have them playing when we called Oldtimer to tell him we had got back and everything was OK.

I can tell you one thing If you want a GREAT sounding 2 CH setup for a cheap price find a pair Forte ll's ( not in Roc's neighborhood ) and an old Hk receiver, you will be shocked ! It sounds better than anything I have listened to costing thousands more, and it's playing thru a $25 CD player ! Yes I read the other thread about CD players, not trying to start that up again.

Back to the Forte ll's, there is not a scratch or mark that I could find ( with my glasses on ) on any part of these speakers, they look NEW.

They are Oak Clr, but lighter than my Oak Oil or my Oak Clr, I guess it's just the way it goes when dealing with real wood. They are in better shape than mine and Oldtimer will be very happy with these, he done good. [Y] Thanks Mac and Canyonman, Oldtimer will be happy, and lucky to get is hands on these. Not exactly sure when that's going to be yet so back in there boxes they go, waiting for there last road trip to Oldtimer's house.

When I first bumped the " for sale " post up to the top, I knew Roc was looking for some, but I also new it was a really really long way from where he lived and not even exactly what he was looking for. Roc you will find some that are not a thousand miles away just be patient, easy for me to say, i'm not to good with the patience part myself.

You're right dtel..........................................................as ....................................I.................................slowly................................................sink.........................................down............

.......................into...........................................my listening chair once again.!!

• Moderators

Sorry about that Roc I know you really need some, but it is a VERY VERY LONG way from Alabama to the great frozen north east in a car.

And shipping is not cheap and very risky ! I really hope you find some soon, I am always looking, if I see something I will let you know.

You will find some, it just takes time , keep looking and jump quick when you find some they don't last long when they show up.

If you know any one who does woodworking or can veneer, almost any pair could be used if the price would make it worth fixing them up.

Always looking.................

You're right. It was too far to go & I'm not a gambler for shipping. It was just wishful thinking on my part.

I feel like you guys are keeping me in mind so I just have to wait. It is comforting to know some others are aware in case more forte IIs show up. Believe me I am fluid (IE. cash in hand) and prepped. This rolling stone will gather no moss.

Just so you know, the two oiled walnut forte IIs that I bought new in 1990 are also in mint condition. I don't think they have actually been touched by anyone since I got them. I dust them myself. Not one scratch or problem of any sort. They are just as they looked coming out of the box in 1990. I'm prepared to make some compromises because it is sort of unrealistic to expect to find 5 more like mine. But I won't object if I do.

I'm a big boy and have certainly handled more disappointments than this in my life.

........................at least these went to someone named "oldtimer".