What % of new albums each year are on vinyl?

jbsl

Does the recording industry release any new albums on vinyl each year?

If there is new albums out on vinyl what percentage of all new albums are on vinyl.

I have heard very nice sounding vinyl set ups and know how good it can sound.

Is the new Tool album on vinyl? The new Audio Slave is due out soon can I get it on Vinyl?

I have thought about setting up a turntable but I see no point in spending the money if very few albums today are on vinyl.

There is plenty of music from the 60's, 70's, and 80's still on vinyl but how much of the 90's, and this current decade?

Is vinyl and turntables a blast from the past?

Vinyl record sales are on the increase. I read somewhere that British vinyl album sales have increased by over 80% on the previous year. So I guess you'd be looking at around 1.5 million units shipped this year for the U.K. I don't have any information on U.S. vinyl sales. I guess vinyl is kind of trendy these days. As to what artists are releasing music on vinyl - there's definitely an avantgarde flavor here. Turntable sales have increased and vinyl accessories are readily available. I wouldn't be writing vinyl off just yet.

I don't know for sure, but if I was a betting man, I bet AudioSlave will be released on vinyl, Chris Cornell, and his Manager wife are pretty saavy about the market, and it wouldn't surprise me to see a Vinyl release of new material...........Just my thoughts.....Pretty shrewd move Chris joining Rage Against the Machine, and changing name to AudioSlave..........they are pretty good......Good Musicans, and Chris' voice are a good match..........oops, got off track..............

Is vinyl and turntables a blast from the past?

I guess the best way to find out is to see the condition of the vinyl industry once all the baby boomers are no longer purchasing music. I'm not saying that no younger people purchase vinyl, but the majority of the vinyl market is probably the older generations followed by DJ's. Surely someone has measured this demographic...

I do know that none of the latest music to which I listen is being released on vinyl and probably never will be either - not to get in another debate about recording mediums, but vinyl just cannot handle it. But that shouldn't matter to people that don't care for this type of music.

Edwinr is completely correct and more and more artist are cutting both these days!

Here is a link to start your new vinyl search at and then just jump out on CD now after that and see how many people you like that might be releasing new stuff on vinyl[;)]

http://www.musicdirect.com/Default.asp

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/3023481/ref=tab_m_gw_l