FREE - Brociner Corner Horn cabinet

Dmitry

It's 1950s vintage, built like a tank, slight water damage to one area at the bottom, approximately the same dimensions and shape as K-Horn. Local pick-up only. I'm in Rhode Island. Not looking to make a killing here, just cleaning house. First $50 takes it. I will have the photos tonight.

Gentlemen, I have just upped the ante.

The cabinet is free for the taking [literally - come and take it]. If you do feel the need to thank me, a bottle of spirits would suffice. This is truly an exceptional opportunity to acquire a piece of American craftsmanship.

Red, White and Blau plywood, baby!

We saw some similar Brociner corner horn cabinets during the Klipsch Hope pilgrimage in Arkansas this June. They had them displayed in the Klipsch Museum of Audio Technology across the street from the plant. A few of them appear in the video footage I shot there. Engineering Executive, Jim Hunter is the museum's curator and he can tell you all about these corner horns and their history.

Gentlemen, I have just upped the ante.

The cabinet is free for the taking [literally - come and take it]. If you do feel the need to thank me, a bottle of spirits would suffice. This is truly an exceptional opportunity to acquire a piece of American craftsmanship.

Red, White and Blau plywood, baby!

Yeah, and I can help him drink it![D][pi]

That bass bin is early design with a 13x6" woofer slot and small splitter. It's not in bad shape, the "water damage" is minimal. a stain around the bottom. A nice platform for a Klpsch/Oris or whatever. The price is right.

Get the fuses?

Rick

don't chop a nice piece of audio history - even if taking up valuable living space - those are rare

So are certain privileges I enjoy in the house. At this point it's either the Brociner or my semi-restored cars. Empress Wife I rules with a gold-plated billy club.

Will some one please adopt this thing? I just can't swing the roughly $550 to pick it up, crate it and ship it to St. Louis. (Darned old property tax!) It's a piece of audio history, and could easily be restored. Or, if you'd rather, I'd imagine it could accomodate an Altec 511 in the top for a more modern sound. In any event, an opportunity like this comes along pretty infrequently. Plus you'll get the positive kharma of preserving something that a pioneer audiophile must have cherished and gained a great deal of happiness out of.

I'd better stop before I break into a chorus of "Aye, tear her tattered ensign down..."