?Sunfire Amp with Rotel Pre Amp

RM1111

Just wondering if anybody has used a sunfire amp with a rotel pre amp?

I want to go to 7.1 channel with my setup and was thinking about the sunfire 7 channel amp to save some space or get a Rotel RMB 1080. Right now, I have Rotel RMB 1095 and Rotel Rsp 1068. Any thoughts. How is the sound between the sunfire and rotel?

Thanks,

Ray

I have the Sunfire 200x7 you will be MOST pleased with it for Klipsch. Very dynamic, the amp never seems hot at all, running hours and hours.. warm to the touch. I have the Sunfire Theater Grand IV with the 200x7 Sunfire Signature Amp with 7 La Scalas... OH MY!!!!!! IMO the Rotel pre amp would be a great match!

I am convinced the pre amp is the main key here.. Even more so than the amp with Klipsch. (as long as the amp is clean.) A killer Pre Amp will make a so so amp sound wonderful, with a better amp, it should just sing marvelously. My 2 cents..

You will be very very happy with the Rotel / Sunfire Combination.

You realise your in that arguably 90%+ percentile here too.... Relax, and go for it.

I am convinced the pre amp is the main key here.. Even more so than the amp with Klipsch. (as long as the amp is clean.) A killer Pre Amp will make a so so amp sound wonderful, with a better amp, it should just sing marvelously. My 2 cents..

Actually it is BOTH. DSP processing has gotten MUCH better over just the last couple of years - MUCH BETTER (and affordable), but a good stable power supply (amp) has ALWAYS made Klipsch perform at their best ... well at least in my opinion.

Actually it is BOTH. DSP processing has gotten MUCH better over just the last couple of years - MUCH BETTER (and affordable), but a good stable power supply (amp) has ALWAYS made Klipsch perform at their best ... well at least in my opinion.

No, that is a given.. But like u just said... I think the format wars have kinda settled down.. Dolby and DTS.. THX specs work too... so in a 5.1, 7.1 system... even if you use 5 speakers..7 speakers 9 speakers... and a sub or multiple subs.. .. it is still gonna rock pretty strong IMO too. The foundation of that is, of course a good math processor to do all of the wizzardly tricks in DTS or Dolby and speakers than can play them ay big SPL's to give you that live experience too? The amp has to be clean with a LOT of headroom to give it the dynamics needed too. Sunfire will DEF do that!

Sunfire vs Aragon...

Aragon.. 10++ all around.. Ease of use especially!!! Maybe this combo the Stage One 200x7 does not play quite as loud amp wise as downstairs, but the Ultra 2 system def rocks... (IMO Klipsch /Aragon really made a wonderful product here. Maybe Balanced outs a new DVI HDMI or who knows what else this has to be in the top 5% of all pre amps out there easily!!!) I think sometimes the Info to the rears upstairs is better in the Aragon. It will stay upstairs forever cause it looks sooo good as well in the cabinet. LOL.

My only scare factor might be if your Aragon Stage One pre amp goes down.. If it is really broken your screwed.. Aragon is dead as we know it.. Amp wise.. these will probably last a lifetime..

Sunfire Theater Grand IV / With the Sunfire 200x7 amp .also a 10++ with the only problem for me is the output signal strength from the Sunfire pre amp. It is at a lower voltage to the Klipsch KA 1000 THX amp to drive the KS 120 THX subs than the Aragon or Ultra 2 specs. FYI, the Sunfire is not THX Ultra 2. So, I had to turn down the trims to allow the boost of the subs to finally work. When I did.. It works. With my SW 15 it had no problem with the sub signal, it is a Ultra 2 Spec problem to the Klipsch sub KA 100 amp, not Sunfires.. (You learn all of these things in the nth degree of tweeking right?? lol?) I am sure with a Sunfire lower sub signal to a Sunfire sub, it would of ROCKED too.. without any trim at all?? Oh well. All is almost well.

Now a vs b?? Hard to tell, in the experience it is different. Come over and see and hear for yourself if you like.. BOTH are awesome! The Sunfire sounds Bigger.. More movie like awesome.. the Aragon gives you info in the rears sometimes that will blow you away.. Maybe it is the RS7's too?? It just surrounds you more.. Again different.. Some movies better.. on each system depending on the mix... I guess not trying to be a whimp here.. They BOTH are incredible. THAT SAID......

------------------------------------------------------

Now the real question for myself long term is the only system I have ever heard in a store that BLEW ME AWAY ( BUT, not in my house... ?? so who knows??) Is the McIntosh 135/ 119 with a McIntosh 7 channel amp.(Model 207?) Is it a wow factor to maybe replace the Sunfire basement dedicated HT System at some point.. OR is it just not that big of a jump and silly trading one piece of equipment for another.. If anyone is in Indy has a 119 /135 I would love a A vs B showdown.. If you have the McIntosh.

I would also buy used at these levels like a great Mercedes Car you get two kinds of buyers/ sellers.. Ones that do not care and abuse them..(Stay away) and fanatics...(what you want that love take care of and do not abuse them keep them clean and well ventellated too.) This group has to have the latest greatest and the most recent have to have it products... and it is your gain to buy it from them. ... I would even look hard at that MHT200 system from McIntosh too, I think the "format wars" are pretty much over for a while.. Thank goodness. lol Either way, a great 7.1 system "should" be enough for anyone..LOL>. Even me.. hahahahahahahahaha Colterphoto1, are you listening here too????

Sunfire power amps complement Klipsch speakers very well.Smooth and will make any harsher Klipsch sound non fatiguing(unless listening to the junkyard quality recordings).

Sunfire amps lack the ultimate detail a Celeste or a Classe will bring but will make a better match with Klipsch on most recordings and movies.As most material is far from being great and showcasing the last bit (flaws)is not always good to have.

Just got a great deal on a new sunfire 300 x 2 from a local dealer($1100.00). Couldn't pass this up. Will not be able to test it out until a couple of days though. I am going to hook them up to the RF 7's.Wondering how this will sound with the rotel during a movie, but I will have to wait. LOL.