Just saying hello Klipschers

TheEAR

Finally I can log in. [:D]

Long story short I am buying Dynaudio's Sub 500's and building my ultimate sub this winter using TC Sounds TC-5200 woofer or LMS-5400 (wait and see).

I heard the new RT-10d and RT-12d subs from Klipsch,not bad but to match my RF7's I prefer the high impact of the RSW trio.

Good to see this forum is going strong.

To the horror of some(I wonder who it might be? [:P] ) TheEAR is back!

I can finally say I found my ideal speakers,pre/pro and amps.Now I have to find my ideal sub to match with the rest of my gear.Almost at the end of a long jouyrney to audiophile bliss.

I was pondering the purchase of a Dantley Labs coffin...err sub but I want some exotic woofage involved,some massive driver(s).JL Audio's Gotham is also very tempting,A1 design and quality parts,hard to resist but this time its all about max performance.And we all know a sealed design is not about maximum deep bass output.I am ready to swing 10K for this very special sub.TC Sounds looks to be the logical choice,with a price/performance ratio that is almost too good to be true.

A very large cabinet is easy to tune around 16Hz using rectangular ports ,and who really cares what lies below 16hz? As long as you get to 120dB sustained at sitting position @ 16Hz and the ultimate goal is set.

What I will be aiming for is 120dB @16Hz,linear from 16-60Hz and capable of over 120dB at listening position.A feat very easy to reach using TC Sounds massive air pumps(woofers),massive Crown amplification and a large ported cabinet.

A very large cabinet is easy to tune around 16Hz using rectangular ports ,and who really cares what lies below 16hz? As long as you get to 120dB sustained at sitting position @ 16Hz and the ultimate goal is set.

What I will be aiming for is 120dB @16Hz,linear from 16-60Hz and capable of over 120dB at listening position.A feat very easy to reach using TC Sounds massive air pumps(woofers),massive Crown amplification and a large ported cabinet.

You need quite a port to tune at 16 hertz. Try hmm 80 inches. Also to keep air velocity under 50 m/s you need atleast a 8 inch circular which you said slotted so it will be smaller but that is for one lms5400 @ half wattage (2000 watts rms) if you do 4000 max rms watts try a 12 inch port.

With slot ports(rectangular),making very long ports is not a major issue,in very large cabinets.Using tubes is not practical for very long ports.

For now like I've said,I will wait and see what designs pop up from TC Sounds.

I also inquired about SVS's shipping to Montreal Canada and the shipping cost is only around $200! For the SVS Ultra using two TV12's! Not bad and the most potent SVS looks very tempting. I am done with the small subs,fun toys but not capable of true deep bass and major SPL.

you'll definitely need significant amplification...the 2x15" sealed tc-3000 i just built, eats an ep2500 and so i'll have to add a second...4.2 kW of power at 20 Hz...125 dB bass peaks at 3.5 meters without clipping the amplifiers...

i'm hoping that the LMS 4100neo will be a drop-in for my current enclosure size...neither the 4000, 5200, or 5400 would "fit" the alignment...maybe i'll talk to Kyle and see what's on the backburner...but i'm satisfied for now...

Great news,I will be waiting for these in this case. TC Sounds will murder its competition in performance and offer a product worthy of its asking price.

I have no doubt these can shake a house,the main question is "are these musiccal?" ,and I say,can a 20Hz signal be musical? NO only a fool may think so.

The main concern is low distortion here. Interesting. HMM

OK OK I must calm down...only $6000US for the system! [:D]

Now audiophiles have a choice at each price point,in the cheapies HSU and SVS.Midpoint you have SVS and TC Sounds/Dantley in the upscale (nearly)no compromise.

Good times are rollin [:D]