My window at college. Educating the Freshmen by the masses.

Jay481985

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U DA MAN JAY-Q.........one question......What's up with the RED eyes......Good Party....EH!!!! Hi JULIE........looks like my kinda' Girl...........I don't think your up to King Status, but I will give Prince status.................no more court jester................

red eyes, cause i have a so so digital camera that is very small. Colter can tell the reason why. I forgot to put the red eye on (it preflashes to get the pupils smaller) but also the flash is a very direct small flash (for the small camera) and directs the flash like a focusable flashlight onto like say a dog's eyes. Bigger flashes means more diffused lighting hence smaller red eyes

When in a dark space, the iris of the eye opens up to let more light in. Any small flash that is located close to the camera lens will shoot through the eye's lens, bounce off the retina, where it picks up the red color, and back into the camera lens.

Ways to avoid, get the light away from the camera lens (just 3-4" will do, like a shoe mount flash), use larger softer light source, have subject look into bright light just before taking or use that annoying 'preflash' to close down the iris.

M

the problem is this is a point and shoot camera..... flash is stuck into the body about .5 inches away from the lense. Also direct flash no good either.

Mike.....Hope your lense doesn't Fog Up.........EH!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck........

She's 21 but just a kid. Beth was one of my first, and my finest photo assistant. It's kind of wrapping up an era since I'm kind of closing the doors on the business soon.

We're taking nice photos for her Mom and Dad. While up there I'm going to look up the house I lived in while Dad studied at Purdue. Little Michael was born in Lafayette and spent several early years there. Might be a pretty emotional day.

Michael

Michael,

I just delivered some Chorus IIs to SS427 up in Illinois. He lives about 30 miles or so from the house I grew up in. I made a dash over there and took a couple of shots of the old homestead while I had a chance. I was a little amazed that it is still standing. It was built before the Civil War. A plain house, but it's where I spent my early years.

OB,

I am guessing this one is around 21 too. Still a student.

Bruce