Before and After insulation pics

IndyKlipschFan

I used a "gut feeling" and decided to use extra insulation I had had around, and apply it to every nook and crannnie up front and back. OMG, a huge difference.. mainly cause I know now the sound absorbs in the front and rears now rather than bounce around the room and speaker cavities. I know exactly now ehen people talk about corner bass traps and how absorbers make a huge difference make in the backs especially with the bass.. [:D]

Everything tightened up a LOT, the HT room seems quieter... almost scary too. I probably need 1-2 panels on the sides..and I will be close to 100% done. Curtains still on order.. soon they tell me.

This is a 17' x 30' room, but really 17' x 24' ish (inside dimensions) ... cause the speakers are hidden behind black acoustical skrim cloth both up front and behind too. So three La Scalas and the 2 THX subs up front..4 la scalas in the rears.. getting the tops up in the air and tilted slightly also was a huge jump in perfomance/ experience too in the surrounds.

When 100% done, I hope a wide angle lense and some of Colterphoto1 magic will have some better pics for you.. hope you can see for now..

It is a 7 split La Scala system. Yes, those are 4 cornwalls, too, .. (I use 2 sets of Cornwalls for Karaoke..I know shoot me.. but it sounds incredible.. Almost studio like..)

I hope you like the before and after pics.

post-5910-13819310822122_thumb.jpg

and the backs with...

La scala subs on the floor.. tops in the air pointed down slightly... Really sounds nice...

It just surrounds you, so wonderfully seamless. I bought just a little more insulation and filled it in after this picture was taken. All is sealed up now..

Here you also see the 4 Cornwalls for Karaoke..and a TV, so lyrics can be seen through the screen for Karaoke. This works great.

post-5910-13819310823692_thumb.jpg

Are you going to leave it like that or try to pretty it up?

If you want all these "insulation pillows" I think you can cover it with burlap or any normal weight cloth without affecting its acoustic qualities. It would be interesting to take before and after acoustic measurements especially of the rate of decay. There's a lot of this going around in Architectural.

OK, that's it.. So let me know what you think?

I would take a pic of the skrims back on.. but it would all be black up front except for the screen and all black behind as well witht he black cloth on the frames... (there are also 2 TV's up front behind the skrims above the speakers... for those days you have 2-3 games on and do not want to miss anyything...LOL) Besides, I doubt anyone could see anything..LOL. Too dark!

I will re post em when he does.. Red velvet curtains will be in this week. I hope to get some really professional pics done, it really did turn out nice looks wise..

More important, the sound is just awesome!

nice is an understatement, it looks like a real theater that you would go to with the booth and all