Selling my HT

bismarck

It is coming closer to the time I want to sell my HT and hopefully upgrade. this has been my first HT sell nd upgrade so i am loooking for some advice. Mostly, how to advertise and what price to ask

All of my equipment ist about 10 months ago and old. There are no scratches or any flaws.

I am selling, as a whole, the following:

[current manufacturer/Best Buy listings]

B-3 system: $1,480 [manufacturer]

Yammaha 5840: $349.95 [manufacturer]

150 ' AR Pro II 16 guage speaker cable: $75.00[bB]

AR pro II 15' sub cable: $34.99 [bB]

2 speaker stands: $95.00 [bB]

2 wall mounts: $ 30 [bB]

Total: about $2050, if you get slightly ripped off.

Anyway, how much would you recommend selling this for?

Hopefully,

If you do have to sell, that you could find someone locally to get this! Shipping , espically on the speakers would be High............

When you posted eariler that you might sell your B-3's , I didn't realize you had the entire surround set.........wow.

Check the History on Ebay, audiogon for past sale prices.........any prices I'd give, may seems to low ball.............. Good Luck.

If you can though, keep these- so that the Future wife won't force you to buy

"Blose"...............

I had a Stereo before I was married...........and I'll have a stereo until I die........Woman or No Woman doesn't matter..........I will always have a STEREO........If you like your stereo and you like your woman..........GET A NEW APARTMENT........atleast with the stereo if you don't want to listen to it........you Shut it Off......can't say that about a Woman.........[:#]

I was thinking, if future budget permitting, I would get some good reference mains, cd player, and amp because I barely have time to sit down and watch a movie, and I would have less time in the future. Music on the other hand, I can listen to any time.....I still almost feel violated for some reason bringing up information so personal on a speaker forum.

• Moderators

I had a Stereo before I was married...........and I'll have a stereo until I die........Woman or No Woman doesn't matter..........I will always have a STEREO........If you like your stereo and you like your woman..........GET A NEW APARTMENT........atleast with the stereo if you don't want to listen to it........you Shut it Off......can't say that about a Woman.........[:#]

I thought that was how it was meant to be OB ?

Just be sure that is what " you " want to do !

Remember your own line...............................

"-whatever the decisions in life, don't let them be ignorant ones- "

It seems I have miss spoken here. Let me state, "My decision on marriage is infinitly more important than that of HT." The reason all of this is seemingly "hooped" is because everything is still in my head. This is a speaker forum, not eharmony, my fault. Anyway, back to the original question, what would be a fair asking price for the system?