Wire help?.

raw nerve

Less then 4 days away for my install. Last thing i need your help on is wires? What will come with the receiver,what will i need. Here is what will be hooking up. xbox360,ps2,oppo hdmi to dvi, and a comcast hd box. I just don't want them to come and i don't have what i need.

Is there a website that tells you what part of movies are great for demo's. Thanks again

most of the components should come with their own hookup wires. You

will need speaker wire though. Most here just use good quality lamp/zip

cord in copper. 16 guage for shorter lengths, 14 or 12 as the length or

power increases.

You might try the Forum below on DVD movies and music. There are frequently listed good test tracks. Or try the search function.

Michael

Chances are nothing will come with the receiver. You will need to purchase the cables required to connect the receiver to the TV. If you are using HDMI or DVI or component, make sure you do have those cables to connect the receiver to the tv. The xbox and ps2 should have cables that came with the consoles to connect to the receiver. Chances are for the HD box from comcast it will connect to the TV via component for video and digital optical cable for sound ( I believe that is how most are connected.)

This may be how it works in your case:

http://erms.samsungelectronics.com/customer/common/images/namo/2004/10/09/HDTVCableBoxHookup2.jpg

Everything depends on what receiver and how you want to connect the consoles and other components to it.

As for movie demo's, the most i've seen thus far have been,

Incredible Hulk: The scene where hes running from the helocopter through the canyon.

House of Flying Daggers: The scene with the beads and the drums.

According to a publishing site:

http://www.samspublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=420289&seqNum=6&rl=1

from that site you can navigate to best overall picture in color, b&w, overall sound, etc.

Or you could just load up any DVD with a DTS intro, those are always fun

you will need to buy the hi-def cables for the ps2 and an optical cable for surround. the 360 comes with component but no optical. you will definitely have to buy speaker wire, don't be fooled by all of the marketing on more expensive speaker wire. If you are running in wall and having an electrician come out make sure to get something CL3 rated to meet fire code. If you aren't having an inspector/electrician than run whatever you want.