Perfect Corners

Jeff Matthews

I see comments here and there about how KHorns need perfect corners. Do they really? My corners are enough out of square that there is probably a 2" gap. I've never tried to seal them and wonder how big a difference this is supposed to make.

Please rate the difference between 1 (little to none) through10 (night and day).

Jeff,

Do you have the rubber flaps or pipe foam on the back & horizontals. This would easily absorb the imperfections of the corner (1-2 inch gap). Check previous threads. It is an easy fix.

In answer to your question: Yes, there was a DFH article about a suckout in frequency response (around 400-600 Hz or so) if the cabinets were not snug into the corners. I have "tested" this, and I thought that I heard a difference. Someday I will measure it.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Jeff,

You don't mention if you rent or own. If you own the house, you should make those corners true. If you rent, you should leave when your lease is up, unless your landlord guaranteed you good corners. If that is so, notify him by certified mail that you are putting your rent in escrow with the court until he fulfills his promises.

Jeff,

You don't mention if you rent or own. If you own the house, you should make those corners true. If you rent, you should leave when your lease is up, unless your landlord guaranteed you good corners. If that is so, notify him by certified mail that you are putting your rent in escrow with the court until he fulfills his promises.

That's right! Don't they call that something like "The implied warranty of audiophilability?"