Perfect "JubScala" opportunity

Coytee

I once asked and if memory serves me, I was told that $1,000 was a reasonable number to use for discussions (on the 402).

I asked the seller his reserve and if cash on pickup was ok. Two answers, cash on pickup IS ok and on the reserve price:

sorry! It took me awhile to decide to let them go. I was going to sell them empty, however they are currently loaded with JBL 2220 woofers, (the best I have ever found). I think the reserve is 3 or 4 hundred dollars

The K402 as delivered with stand is about 39 5/8 wide and 26 1/2 tall (from bottom of BASE to top of horn, not horn height)

I was also thinking that if someone wanted to consider Jubilees down the road, you could stairstep you way into it financially...

Do a setup like this today and later on, simply buy the bass bins

hmmm

If they have drivers, 300 bucks if a fair price.

I have seen complete empty original LaScala cabs go for 250.

As far as JubScala's, you do realize that the inside core of a Jub looks a lot like a LaScala.

But you would need 4 LaScala bass bins to make one pair of LaScalas.

A few cuts to the tops and bottoms of these sawed off LaScala bass bins, some side panels, a top and a bottom and you'll have some Jub cabs that would be 20% wider than the present Jub cab.

Which would be great, since most of us would need a place to live if we even attempted to wheel Jub cabs 20% oversized into our homes.

Snap out of it...cold water....ask someone to slap you...get stuck with a straight pin.

The price for the 402 horn does as best I know, include the K69 driver AND the platform it sits on.

There are folks into the 2 way (that never meant much to me but now having these, I'm finally "getting it")

if someone wanted a pair of Jubilees but didn't want the upfront hit on their wallet, they could put this together, have a serious system (add a sub and yikes!)

Berryboy said he could figure out the crossover stuff so that woudn't be a long term problem

Down the road when said person was ready, they could simply buy the Jubilee bass bins (or buy JC's throw aways? [6]) and be off & running.

He DID say they had some JBL drivers in them

I'd imagine it would be kind of funky looking with the K-402 being wider than the base. Indeed, it's even taller than the base is wide!

Just ask my wife though...it's not about the looks...it's about the sound

(clicks his heels twice)

it's not about the looks...it's about the sound

(clicks his heels twice)

it's not about the looks...it's about the sound

(ad nauseum until he wakes up with his wife believing him)