Vinnie Vincent

jacksonbart

When I was a kid my brother was a huge Kiss fan, which made me a fan by default, because we only had one record player and he was alot bigger than me. I agree with the statement about Vinnie almost ruining Kiss. I distincly remember the video for Lick It Up, where the band is walking down the street in a post apocolyptic scene, with stuff burning around them. Anyway, they are walking down the street singing, and all you can see of Vinnie is his arm swinging as he is walking. He was on the end, and they cut him out of the scene. We thought it was hilarious. ROCK ON VINNINE!

Jeremy

I bought their first LP when it came out. Great stuff- every kid could sing it, every garage band could play it- we sure did.

I think it was great fun at the time, still enjoy the tunes. It might have been simple but it was hooks galore and great theatrics.

If Vinnie co-wrote songs, there should be some royalty due. Hired guns usually just play the tunes they're handed if that's Simmons' arguement.

But reading the guy's website and history, he does sound like a bit of a wanker. I don't blame them for tossing him- TWICE.

And how on Earth does a case like this go all the way to the SUPREME COURT in tha land??

M

Well, I'll be the minority... I love KISS, I agree they seem to be more about marketing these days, but I have just about every cd they put out.... and like them :)

And Vinnie Vincent was better on his own, I have his two cds and they rock! He never looked to good in the make up anyway, just didn't fit the band to well.