Ahhhhh!!!! Help!!!!

LNEtubaPLYR

Ok, if anyone can help me out and tell me what is wrong it would be great.

Today I was up stairs listening to my HT system and the cd player came to a good song....I had a "klipsch urge" and I went down stairs to play the song....well I turned them on and started playing them....A reasonable loud volume. And by the way the song was "This is how you remind me by nickleBack" so anyway im going along picking up some trash and stuff and all of a sudden about 1 minute into the song it hits this really high weird note.....and the speakers crack like a geeerack noise....i very very quickly turned it down and played the part over again (not so loud this time) and it did it again.....im thinking ok? the cd. so i take it back up stairs play it on my ht system and no cracking. what does this mean? I have a pair of industrial la scalas and have not had a problem. except I had to replace a tweeter once. just recently. but other than that they sounded just as great as they always did.....could it be the amp? the mixer? I have them set up in a "dj" set up. i have a carver cube amp and a radio shack SSM-1200 mixer and have never herd this before. are my klipsch ruined?

any help would be great.

Thanx

Rob

Did you happen to feel how hot the amp was? Carver 400's were known to "go up in flames" quite often. I really hope it's not but they do have a track record of doing such things.

Good luck,

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ