Single Belle for sale (Walnut Lacquer with Cane Grills) -- SOLD!

J M O N

If the Belle makes it to St. Louis and is still for sale, drop me a line[:)]

Homemadeheresy: If you take a look at the post just below the one where I said I was moving to St. Louis, I said I was just joking about the move (teasing theplummer). [6] ... sorry.

theplummer: Sounds like it's going to be a great setup. The Belle will be a much better center channel than an Academy. I used to have one of those. While they are very nice for a center channel, I can't believe how much people are paying (or were paying) for these speakers when one could get a La Scala, Belle, or Cornwall for about the same price.

I agree, I really love that little Academy, I can't really put my finger on why though. But, I must say that it is definately different than the chorus's. I usually marvel at the extremely tight bass that the Academy produces, even though it doesn't get that deep. I've been able to help that speaker somewhat by adding a SW10 II into the second center speaker. But, now you have to have two subs and my wife really would rather not have even the one that I already have. So, currently I must "compromise".

Funny how you can never find a belle when your looking for one " but " the second you do find one they magicly appear ...

4 klipchorns , 2 La scalas and a single Belle are about as much as i can jam into one house ! :)

Maybe it's time to get a bigger house... [:D]

But seriously, I know what you mean about finding a single Belle. It took me about three years to find the walnut oil Belle. Fortunately I already had this Belle, so it wasn't tough to live through.

• 3 weeks later...

Youre welcome, JMON.

When I got it home I hooked it up as my new center channel between

flanking Klipschorns (replacing my existing Heresy). The Heresy was nice, but the Belle takes it to another

level. The Belle gives a much more

integrated sound, particular for HT, where the center channel is much more

pronounced than a 3-channel stereo setup.

As I mentioned, it looks like the 1976 Belle was updated

with a new crossover (AB) and a K-55M driver.

I think that the 1976s would have come with a Type AA crossover and a

K-55V driver. Several years ago, artto

posted that the type AB network was

introduced around 1982, a new midrange driver (K-55-M) was used on the

Belle. He also referred to a

Belle Update Sheet dated 1982. Does

anyone have a copy of this sheet?

I would also like to thank you again for the demo of

your system. I was particularly

impressed with your Peach/2A3 Wrights with you Klipschorns. They certainly came across Loud and

Clear. although that is the subject of another thread[:)]

Yes, I think you're right. I checked the other Belles I had after you left and they were 78's, and had the AA x-overs and the K-55V. They are also gone now.

No problem with the demo, it was my pleasure. Pretty amazing how loud those little devils can play. Thanks for the compliment and it was nice meeting you.