Framing and Wiring done Pics (nearly ready to drywall)

damonrpayne

Here's my HDMI cable ran to right where the projector will be mounted on the ceiling. The conduit I used is PVC, but PVC aimed at electrical and not plumbing traps. One thing I really liked about this is the "gentle" bends in the pipe, much easier to pull through than a sharp elbow joint like you'd get with white plumbing PVC. This way any of my wires anywhere can be re-pulled without tearing up the walls should the need arise.

post-12530-13819313973998_thumb.jpg

Across the front I did use one plubing style T-joint so the center channel wire could pop out and the subwoofer and left-front wire keep going over to the left front corner. Its nice that the electrical and plumbing PVC will fit in with each other. I used a special type of cement that will bond with PVC then wrapped the joints with duct tape. Obviously you want to wait until it's dry before you pull wire through it.

post-12530-13819313979298_thumb.jpg

And finally, got a good start on insulation. I'm doing the interior walls too to isolate the noise from the furnace etc. which you can see through the closet rear door. It finally set it off and made it look like a room and made me think this might actually get done some day!

post-12530-13819313981078_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I envy anyone with enough $$ sitting around to not have to do this themselves!

Thats true, if you have the money to pay someone you still could do it yourself, if you don't have the money there is no other choice!

I got another quote last night from a guy who explained to me ad nauseum on the phone how he was trying to get his name out and he bids far lower than other guys. He came over after dinner and lo, his numbers were within 5% of everything else I got. I'm going to make this room look NICE and post pictures here for the nay sayers. The work starts on Thursday night! Me and my helpers have a big "tool pool" of a bunch of guys so I have a drywall screw gun and a texture sprayer I have access to for free.