Hsu Research Subs? Yea or Ney

Klipsch-daddy

Since even TV doesn't think that HSU is overpriced (except for that $80,000 system, which I didn't even know existed), I guess I'll claim victory for Ears and myself on that particular debate.

He is also correct that "value" is subjective, and I can see where people could find their particular vision of value in both products. My comparisons of the HSU pieces that I don't own, to the SVS pieces, which I've never seen nor heard, was not to determine which was the better purchase, just to try to make the point that neither brand seemed overpriced IMHO. So TV's comments about the quality of the amps etc. are well taken. Frankly the better cosmetics and built in nature of the amps of the SVS would be a consideration for me, and I am a happy HSU owner.

However, I think that most people wanting a powered sub will be looking at the turnkey options presented by both companies. I think that buying non factory specified amps and building boxes would be an option for a very small minority of potential customers looking for powered subs. If they were into amp matching and box building, they would be looking at the non-powered versions of both, IMHO. So I'm not sure that comparing the HSU's standard amp/sub packages with an SVS option, that I do not believe is even offered on the web site, would be a valid comparison, even if it is "technically" correct.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

SAT/HDTV: RCA DTC-100

Surge Protector: Monster Power HTS-5000

kevin s, you still don't get it. you and ears should get together and multiply your dopehood. you lost the debate and your just trying to cover up your ignorance. the $369 pc25-31cs tuned to 22HZ with an equivalent amp to any of your mentioned hsu would PERFORM lower and louder with better quality bass than the VTF and cost about $50 less. like earwax you can spout off all you want until you provide performance specs to justify value.

is not that the name of the game? To get the best performance for a lower price??? Amps are a secondary factor to the design and quality of the sub itself. Having to have an amp built in is trivial.

Value is what I meant when I said the HSU is overpriced

COMPARED to the SVS but you'll never understand. i wink to all the others that do Wink.gifSmile.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

This message has been edited by forresthump on 11-26-2001 at 10:55 AM

Ya TV by equivalent amp I meant either built in or a seperate as they were also comparing the passive HSU to the SVS. guess some folk just got to have that convenience of a powered sub in their under $500 sub. That's fine but I hope you still try to convince them to get the 25-31CS with a plate amp before recommending the VTF-2 Wink.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Well Forest,

Since your response to my posts now include the terms "dopehood" "ignorance" and "spout off", I'll leave this topic, and make a point to try to avoid any responses to your postings in the future. With supporters like you, TV doesn't need any enemies.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

SAT/HDTV: RCA DTC-100