OT

GRB

Been a Cardinals fan since I was a kid when my 4th grade teacher rolled a t.v. into class so we could watch the Cardinals and Tigers in 1968 series. Bob Gibson, Orlando Cepeda, Lou Brock, Curt Flood, Mike Shannon, Tim McCarver, Julian Javier... Great tradition as a baseball franchise. I was at the game two years ago when the Sox beat us. It was tough to watch. This was great to see them win in the new ball park.

Been a Cardinals fan since I was a kid when my 4th grade teacher rolled a t.v. into class so we could watch the Cardinals and Tigers in 1968 series. Bob Gibson, Orlando Cepeda, Lou Brock, Curt Flood, Mike Shannon, Tim McCarver, Julian Javier... Great tradition as a baseball franchise. I was at the game two years ago when the Sox beat us. It was tough to watch. This was great to see them win in the new ball park.

I remember the 1968 series differently. Our 6th grade teacher rolled in the black and white TV (with tubes) and we watched the Tigers defeat the Cardinals in 7. Al Kaline, Willie Horton (threw out Brock at home in the 5th game...said toward the end of the season Brock was not sliding into home per scouting reports...guess what? He didn't slide!), Jim Northrup (Mr. Grand Slam), Mickey Stanley (our center fielder playing shortstop!), Norm Cash (no cork in his bat), Bill Freehan (Behind the Mask[H]...great book), Dick McAuliffe, Don Wert, Eddie Mathews, Earl Wilson, Denny McLain (stole 2.5 million dollars from my home towns meet packing plant pension fund, missing teeth, grossly overweight and in a half-way house now[6]), and best of all....Mickey Lolich[A]....game 7 winner. Picked off both Lou Brock and Curt Flood from 1st base....Awesome!!!![ip]

Thanks fini. Yeah, it feels pretty good. Been a while. I agree it is a great game. Played little league through high school and then coached my sons when they were young. Nothing like being at the ball park on a warm summer evening.

RCarlton, I think I watched it on that same black and white tube tv on a little cart with rabbit ears for antenna. I remember all those plays too... Just don't like to. It was a great series with some amazing ball players on both teams. Made me a baseball fan for life.