Forte II vs Forte

tom b. 57

This is good stuff. Unfortunately the seller of the Forte II's seems to be unwilling to budge from his $600.00 asking price, so I gracefully bowed out of the talks and let him know that if for any reason he lowers his expectations, to go ahead and email me. I will still be willing to talk. I would like to thank everyone for their input. This has been very informative and helpful. I will keep my eyes peeled for another opportunity to check out the Forte II's.

Does anyone have an opinion on Speakerlab Khorns? I know where there is a pair for $625.00. Is that a reasonable deal? What do you think? They were assembled by the Speakerlab folks, not a consumer. I am not sure if this makes a difference. I thought that it would possibly ensure the quality of construction, I don't know.

Tom

• Moderators

dtel sez: 'We love our Fortes, all of them. I sure am glad you didn't ask me to compare Fortes to Cornwalls. That would be a tough one.'

really? I think the CW would blow away any Forte. Now the Chorus would be neck and neck, imho.

put one of them next to each other, hook up to same amp and give a good listen. Do the same with F and FII. Then report back.

M

Boy if I just had one of those switch box contraptions and some more experienced ears we could compare Forte ll's , Forte's and Cornwall lll's !