Looking for KG 2.2 or 2.5's for surround duty with Forte II's

papashawn

I have the beginnings of a great HT setup, a pair of Forte II's as mains and an Academy center channel. My room is quite small and there is no room at all for another large set of floorstanding speakers to use as surrounds. My thought was to use some KG 2.2's or 2.5's as surrounds because they could be wall mounted or set on a shelf. Are these a good match for the Forte II's and the academy center? Right now I'm using an older Yamaha receiver, and I'm looking into getting an outlaw 7125 amp to power all these new speakers. Any thoughts on the KG's would be appreciated. Also, if they are a good match and anyone has a pair of black veneer ones, let me know as well!

I'm down in Orlando, pretty far from Illinois. Actually, the Academy I found was from a post on here last week. That person is also in Illinois, but its being shipped, double boxed. If you would be willing to ship in a similar fashion, PM me and let me know how much you're willing to sell them for. Thanks for your reply.

I agree with the others. I have been using 2.5's as rear surrounds for a few years now..they sound great with the set-up.

A little off topic:[:)]

I bought them "new" from a brand new ebay member a while back. I was not sure about these people until I started emailing them and found out that they had just purchased a building that used to be a stereo shop. It had been closed for a few years. They were changing it into a car stereo sales/ installation shop. There were a few Klipsch sets in sealed boxes still in the store. I offered them $100.00 for the Med Oak KG2.5's they had on auction. They said no problem as they had no bids and it was the 4th day up. This may have been due to the ad stating that they were "New Klipsch KG2.5" and from new members. I was a bit paranoid about the deal until they arrived. Brand new in sealed box, speakers still wrapped in plastic. Absolutely perfect.

The best deal on speakers to date............got lucky on these.

They had a couple Klipsch subs as well. KSW series I believe and a set of KG4.5,s. I was also interested in the 4.5's but they decided to keep those.

Wow..good score mIkekid.

I will vouch for the 2.2's as decent surrounds with forte. I had the same set up and was quite happy with them. I sold the 2.2's to a friend to convince him of the superiority of the Klipsch sound, and replaced them with a pair of KG 4.2's as surrounds....

Maybe I'll post my new set up in the "Let's see your home theater" thread. The 4.2's have recently been mounted on the wall. They are pretty intimidating looking, and sound great IMHO...YMMV

• 2 years later...

I currently have a pair of 2.5s I'm using with my Forte IIs and I am happy with the sound. The only issue I have is I'd like to find a pair of oak oil instead of black so that my surrounds match everything else. So I figure if I'm going to be looking now is the time to ask between the 2.2 and 2.5 if one would be a better choice or are they about the same as far as timbre matching?