Got my RB-75

Al1

Hello All,

Just a follow up. I had mentioned about the RB-75's I was thinking about purchasing that had cabinet damage.

I've made the purchase but now found out that there was a clunking noise inside one of the speakers.

It looks like the horn driver (magnet portion) has separated from the plastic front fascia. I've tied it back together and everything seems fine.

A couple of questions for the experts:

1) Is there a way attach the horn to the fascia plastic? Recommendations?

2) There is a ~5-10db drop in SPL around the 110-125hz range (normal?)

Is that the xover point from horn to woofer?

3) I have RF-7's as well and they seem to be more efficient than the RB-75.

Is that normal? Shouldn't the RB-75 be better?

2) How are you measuring the frequency response of this speaker? Measured in an anechoic chamber I seriously doubt Klipsch would release any speaker that was +-5db, let alone 10db. If you are correct and the dip is in the 110-125hz range, that is absolutely an area where the culprit is likely your listening room and not the equipment.

3) if by efficiency you are taking about SPL @1w/m I would certainly expect the RF-7s to be more efficient.

2) I'm just eyeballing a RadioShack SPL meter and using the freq sweep on the AVIA HT DVD. Obviously I don't have an anechoic chamber and don't have verification beyond my ears and a cheap meter.

I'll move the speakers to another room to verify, but so far, I'm not hearing as rich a sound coming from the RB-75's. (No measurement, just subjective thoughts)... I've also placed the speakers on top of a desk so that the horns are at about ear-level.

Based on the return policy for demo/open products, I have 14 days to determine if I'm happy with the sound.

Need help.. Its difficult to avoid clouding my opinions after seeing cabinet damage and rough handling on the speakers.