FS: Dynaco Mark III's

Daddy Dee

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on the fence waiting for some under $1000 amps to show up, then worried what SHMBO would say if I did buy em. Screw That.

Dee, if the 2nd and 3rd and 4th in line fall through, sign me up. These seem to have a lot going for them as well as a good recommendation from many of the forum members, might as well take the plunge. I've been buttering up the Misses that I am soon to be buying a $800-1200 GPS unit for the boat, but now that it's out of the water I have 6 months to save up again.

I'll check here in the morning to see how things are going.

What timing? I too have an opp to buy a pair of MKlll's. I've been using them for a while now and they do sound much better than my SX-950. These are completely stock from at least 30 years ago, including the dust. The owner wants an offer from me but i just don't know what they're worth. Any ideas? Would they be that much better than one of those Chinese tubes for under $1,000? (for use on Corn's or KLF20's / room is 20x20 / music is 70's loud rock) Also are the Curcio mods worth all that money?

Chip

I would check out the TAD 60 SE from www.2baudio.com. Paul is a great person to deal with and he has these units on sale for $999 . You can read reviews of them on audiogon and other places . You can run them with or without a seperate pre-amp ,can do the bias real easy ,simple instructions etc.. .Well worth taking a look . I have bought a Cayin TA-30 from Paul in the past and he is an excellant person to do business with. He has his stuff advertised on audiogon right now.

Champagne taste beer budget is online. Last active: 11-06-2006, 4:58 PMChampagne taste beer budget

Some points to consider when deciding an import vs a vintage

The imports often use torodial power and output transformers which helps in low end response. Use of polystyrene and Polyproplyene capacitors. Use of 1% metal film resistors. New tubes. New large value computer grade capacitors.

The restored vintage ones are out there, and when you consider what it would cost to restore one, along with the manhours, the prices for vintage restored look better.

Mark

How do you like your Cayin?

KG

The Cayin was a good amp liked it quite well,no longer own it . Sold it bought the "bottlehead" paramounts , which I sold to buy the VRD's , will be getting them in agout 3 weeks, they are going to start being built the end of this week. In the mean while I put my Fisher X-100C back in rotation.

Mark G

Mark

How do you like your Cayin?

KG

The Cayin was a good amp liked it quite well,no longer own it . Sold it bought the "bottlehead" paramounts , which I sold to buy the VRD's , will be getting them in agout 3 weeks, they are going to start being built the end of this week. In the mean while I put my Fisher X-100C back in rotation.

Mark G

Lotta changes since I was there................I would really like to hear the VRD's....how's the Fisher working out.........power the Horns well?

OB,

I like the Fisher X100c ,it does a good job , better than the Fisher 400 receiver in my opinion. I really think that someday I am going to have it re done ,as it is my back up tube amp. One of these days I believe you will get down to hear the VRD's . May be in the spring?

OB,

I like the Fisher X100c ,it does a good job , better than the Fisher 400 receiver in my opinion. I really think that someday I am going to have it re done ,as it is my back up tube amp. One of these days I believe you will get down to hear the VRD's . May be in the spring?

Count on it..............it's not a bad ride in the winter either....We'll figure something out....it's an easy ride even with snow.........weather is not a problem, as long as my heater works....I have an idea that the VRD's and the Horns are more in line to the sound I seek...we'll see.........