Loudness Mode

AZNracerx1989

Cables can make a difference, but are probably not what's at work here. You may just be hearing the difference between a exaggerated bass heavy sound to a more balanced sound. It does take some getting used if that is the case. It may or may not be right for you.

Those are pretty well regarded pieces, so give it a liitle time for your ears to adjust. Of course, there may be problem somewhere, but my guess is that you're just accustomed to jamming with the loudness on 24-7.

Do make sure your speakers are wired properly. Wiring w/ incorrect polarity can certainly cause what you are describing.

A number of amps make a popping sound when powered down,. and this is generally not unuasual or, for the speakers, harmful. I have to 2nd the suggesiton for double-checking making sure that your speakers are wired in phase.

The speakers make a pop noise when I turn off the amps... is this regular for amplifiers? 370 watts is an aweful lot of power.. I cant even turn it to 9 o clock position without it being too loud [:o]

Sounds like your turning the pre off first on shut down when the power amp should be first off then the pre.

Your right 370 watts is alot of power but as you may be learning power isn't everything! It is for some people though! but not me especially with Klipsch's and I got to tell you I just listened to LaScala's this weekend with a 3 watt amp called the Tulip it was just gorgeous and the price for it is a 1000$ worth every penny if I do say so myself. We had a shoot out up against a 300B amp that made a powerhouse of 7 watts the 3 watter easly played into the mid ninties db which is fairly loud for most but not all people and I might add that the preamps volume control ran between 11 and maybe 1 o'clock at the most.

I myself don't use a preamp just CD direct from my variable outs I have just a strong 10 watts and my CD volume control will clip my amps between 2 and 3 o'clock most of my listening is in the 10 to 12 o'clock range my players volume control is a linear type which means at the 12 o'clock position I am at 50% of the control.

So let me tell you that since you likely have an audio tapper control you are likely only using just 5-!0% of the your preamps volume control or in other words your only feeding just 5-10% of the incoming signal to your preamp and thats not good in my book. The 12 o'clock position maybe between 15 and 20% at most and I have measured a few.

If your serious about two channel you could do CD direct but you need a high input impedance maybe 50k ohms if its lower you could use a buffer such as Musical Fidelity's X-10 buffer it is for just this issue and it has a Class A rating all for 399$ and its tube!

As for loudness controls its hard for people that use them alot to walk away from some never will but there are rewards simple circuitry such as my own with just two gainstages has its merits vs a 1/2 dozen or more that most SS has.

There are many things that you can try! I guess its what your needs are!

Good Luck!

SET12

The amp is accurate, but it seems a little too harsh on klipsch (I think just not enough bass).

I'll go along with that reasoning 100%

Kick arse speakers + kick arse equipment doesnt always = kick arse results!

We all search for different nirvana with our systems. Your nirvana might not be anything I could stand to listen to for 5 mins and visa versa.

And frankly its nobodys business if you like loudness/exaggerated bass/boosted treble. Choose what you like and enjoy. You are the one you have to please!!!!

I use loudness, bass, treble, equalizer, and expander/compander--more or less everything that makes this forum's clientel throw up profusely.

JJK

LMAO !!!!!!

Stormin I agree here!

Thats why I take profuse enjoyment in pointing out to lay audio people that I have no tone controls!

The great bass I have from 10 watts doesn't use any kind of EQ and the statement I hear from Rap lovers is "how can that do that?" While LMAO !!!!!

I use loudness, bass, treble, equalizer, and expander/compander--more or less everything that makes this forum's clientel throw up profusely.

JJK

LMAO !!!!!!

Stormin I agree here!

Thats why I take profuse enjoyment in pointing out to lay audio people that I have no tone controls!

The great bass I have from 10 watts doesn't use any kind of EQ and the statement I hear from Rap lovers is "how can that do that?" While LMAO !!!!!

I'll have you know sir I was laughing with him not at him. And I find no enjoyment in rappers bass whatsoever. Glad your set up is all that you want it to be. Congrats

JJK

LMAO !!!!!!

Stormin I agree here!

I'll have you know sir I was laughing with him not at him. And I find no enjoyment in rappers bass whatsoever. Also my bones are jarred with the bass I enjoy and I'm happy to hear you are happy as well with yours!

Not a problem! Sir

I'm glad you enjoy your system!

I don't care for Rap either its the car stereo kids I demo for!

As I said to each our own!

Thats ok!

Its a preference thats all! Out of a dozen or so people that I know only one my best friend uses tone controls and a loudness switch for audio I use a graphic EQ for my cheap 30$ DVD player as it is very thin sounding my CD player is 2000$ and I do use the EQ for my factory car stereo otherwise I'd gag!