packing pros at ups store

joessportster

big bad baby, ups may have alot of good info on there site for packing but i just shipped a 2300.00 piece of gear and the UPS STORE MANAGER/OUNER, suggested i pack it in peanuts and bubble wrap, this is terriable advice, and i have seen them pack several items this way to which most were destroyed, to there credit they have paid the insurance claims without fail just takes a month or so to collect

Joe

That was the last time I shipped anything that I didn't pack myself (and most likely why I still have a pr of Khorns in storage).

If if you ever want to consider selling them, I may have to seriously consider, as I am only about 1-1/2 to 2 hours away (depending on traffic and where you are actually at in Baltimore).

I absolutely refuse to bid on an item that is going to be propacked by ups store. I won a pair of speakers from a seller who assurred me that he would pack per my instuction. He took the money I gave him for supplies and gave it to the ups store.

UPS put both 54 Lb. speakers in the same paper thin box. One layer of small cell bubble on bottom of box. 1 layer small cell bubble on top. 1 thin piece of cardboard between speakers. box was so tight fitting there was nothing on front, back, or sides. Obviously both speakers got destroyed.

I wasnt rude or abusive to seller. the seller turned out to be a surgeon. I took pics of the container before I touched it and pics of damaged speakers. I emailed the doctor the pics and he felt so bad he refunded my money promptly.

Because the UPS store packed them there was no wiggle room to deny claim. The settlement check was issued to the doctor in about 4 weeks. The doctor actually sent me 1/2 of the settlement as compensation for my time and agrivation.

I just won a Marantz 2325 receiver with original box and packing. Before I bid I made sure the seller would allow me to ship him my Marantz vault. The marantz vault is a heavy cardboard box lined on 6 sides with 1.5 inch blue styrofoam dow board. there is 1 layer of wood paneling between box and styroboard. The box is built that an original marantz box fits inside perfectly. Most of the receivers I buy dont come in original boxes so I send them my original box and molded styrofoam in the vault. I have to pay 2 way shipping but I have 100% confidence there will be no shipping damage.

I received a destroyed k-52-ti from UPS that they packaged. I had received items from the seller before and didn't have any problems. But this time it appeared that they shotputted the box from the street to my front porch. It looked like someone took a hammer to the front plug of the driver. Then it took about two months to get a settlement from them. I am thankful that I was just buying them to have lying around, for a future project or replacements for the ones I have in the homemade heresys.

You would think that with years of experience they would be able to safely package and deliver packages. Isn't that what we pay them for???????

I absolutely refuse to bid on an item that is going to be propacked by ups store. I won a pair of speakers from a seller who assurred me that he would pack per my instuction. He took the money I gave him for supplies and gave it to the ups store.

UPS put both 54 Lb. speakers in the same paper thin box. One layer of small cell bubble on bottom of box. 1 layer small cell bubble on top. 1 thin piece of cardboard between speakers. box was so tight fitting there was nothing on front, back, or sides. Obviously both speakers got destroyed.

I wasnt rude or abusive to seller. the seller turned out to be a surgeon. I took pics of the container before I touched it and pics of damaged speakers. I emailed the doctor the pics and he felt so bad he refunded my money promptly.

Because the UPS store packed them there was no wiggle room to deny claim. The settlement check was issued to the doctor in about 4 weeks. The doctor actually sent me 1/2 of the settlement as compensation for my time and agrivation.

I just won a Marantz 2325 receiver with original box and packing. Before I bid I made sure the seller would allow me to ship him my Marantz vault. The marantz vault is a heavy cardboard box lined on 6 sides with 1.5 inch blue styrofoam dow board. there is 1 layer of wood paneling between box and styroboard. The box is built that an original marantz box fits inside perfectly. Most of the receivers I buy dont come in original boxes so I send them my original box and molded styrofoam in the vault. I have to pay 2 way shipping but I have 100% confidence there will be no shipping damage.

That's a sad story tuned4life. Now I know why you personally will not sell to anyone who are not willing to drive up to get the cornwalls.

I took a DVD camcorder that I was selling for a co-worker to the UPS store yesterday to have it shipped. The lady who helped me was nice and then she asked if they could open the package to inspect how it was packed. I told them it was packed well but they could go ahead. Then some old lady came out of the back room, opened the box and started pulling all my packing materials out and pretty much throwing them on the floor. She proceeded to measure the small box that I had within the larger box, and the camera case inside as well. She told me that I had the items packed too tightly and that I didn't have adequate protection, I needed at least 2" of foam or peanuts or bubble wrap on all the inside surfaces. They were going to charge me $17.81 just to repack it to their standards, PLUS the cost of shipping it. Then she said I needed to make sure the items inside were packed tightly enough that they don't move around. RIGHT AFTER SHE GOT DONE TELLING ME THAT I HAD PACKED THE ITEMS INSIDE TOO TIGHTLY.

I had only charged the high bidder $10 to ship the camera, so I grabbed my stuff, went home and repacked it and brought it to the Post Office where they gladly accepted the package.

I don't even want to get started on how UPS took a huge chunk out of the backside of a MINT pair of RF-25s that I sold on eBay. [:@]