evaluating Blue Note records.

oldenough

Duke Pearson, Joe Henderson and Bobby Hutcherson are part of a killer line up in Idle Moments. It's hard, for me anyway, to say any title is the best, but if that one is 1st, I'll nominate Grant Green's works with Sonny Clark as a runner up. Also really been digging his interplay on a previously unreleased Live At Club Mozambique 1971 gig in Detroit that came out on CD this summer on Blue Note, with Clarence Thomas on sax, Ronnie Foster on organ, Houston Person on tenor sax and Idris Muhammad on drums. There are reportedly more Grant Green recordings in storage that have yet to be issued. .

Great story oldenough!

I listened to Idle Moments again last night and that album is just PERFECT! Certainly in my top 10 favorite Blue Note albums. Maybe even top 5!

There are reportedly more Grant Green recordings in storage that have yet to be issued. .

Glad to hear that. I bought a bunch of sealed Blue Note Classic recordings that were released in 1980?? Green's Nigeria and Airegin with Sonny Clark are among them and are great. Bring 'em on. The more the merrier!!!

Wow! What a great thread! I always love to read about threads like this... makes me all warm inside to know we have such great people on this board.

Anyway, now you all have my curiousity piqued about Grant Green. I will definitely have to find a couple of re-releases of these albums (I can't afford those prices) and give them a spin.

Mike