OT: Cell phone games are pricey

Daddy Dee

OK, I'm an idiot. A while back I discovered my Nokia cell phone doesn't have games. Not really a problem, I don't have much time to devote there anyway. One day I got curious enough after browsing through the menus and finding out my phone runs Axcess apps. OK. to download Frogger or PacMan is $2.99 or so. I think, "well, it's pricey, but I'll check it out." So I download these two and find our pretty quickly that the cell phone is a pretty poor platform to run these. OK, I think, well now I know. Not too long after that my phone failed and Alltel replaces it. They do move my address book, but can't reload the games. That would be up to me. No problem, I don't play them anyway. Two or three months later, I pay attention to my bill and notice I'm being billed for something I don't know what it is. I call customer service, yep, you guessed it. It's the games. I thought they were pricey just to download. What I didn't realize at the time was that this is a monthly fee for the games. Lord, have mercy! I really would not think they were worth RENTING. So, I ask the customer service rep to take these off my bill. No dice. I say, they haven't even been installed on my telephone for three months. I should have known, she says. You have a contract whether they are installed on your phone or not. At this point, I am suggesting to her that I'll be happy with Alltel if she can make this adjustment and that is my request. Usually, just to make the request to the rep is enough. She says no. I think I've got someone on the phone who is actually enjoying saying no. I ask her if she has the authority to make this decision. She says yes, she has the authority, she just won't do it. It was my responsibility to have known. There was nothing that was going to change her mind... not even getting down on two knees.

If it weren't so inconvenient to change service, which means changing my whole family, and paying off contracts and such, I would have walked and taken my business some where else. That is one bad thing about having a year or two in a contract for a free phone. It is even more pricey to quit.

If this gal is married, I feel sorry for her husband. I think I have a view into her MO and I think I can guarantee that he doesn't have any Heritage gear in his system.

Rant mode: off

Did I say that I was an idiot? oh yeh. I am.

Klipsch OTOH is a great place to do business. Klipsch operates with the philosophy that if good will can be earned with a customer, ... if it can be done, it will be done. I'm spoiled. When I was working in a customer service type job, I figured it was my job to earn good will for the company. When it can be done and doesn't cost much, that's a no brainer and a win-win situation. Klipsch really does go the second mile. Way to go.

"Klipsch OTOH is a great place to do business. Klipsch operates with the

philosophy that if good will can be earned with a customer, ... if it

can be done, it will be done. I'm spoiled. When I was working in a

customer service type job, I figured it was my job to earn good will

for the company. When it can be done and doesn't cost much, that's a no

brainer and a win-win situation. Klipsch really does go the second

mile. Way to go."

note to self: file this thought away for future reference when answering the Klipsch Tech Support line. [;)]

Michael

Cell phones,even high school thugs have 4-6 cell phones. The cell phone is a polluing device,and yes cell phone games are the worst thing. MP3,games what is next on cell phones? Soon the first cell phone with an integrated sourround system and THX apprived sub!

I have a cell phone for business only,on Sunday its CLOSED.People love to bug you on the bug phone.

So when I saw they now have what 5 million cell phones in Iraq...(nevermind).