DTS Music DVD's

Hagood

dts discs i have are great!! roy orbison..the eagles...james taylor and more have sound quality like an sacd disc!! tremendous...i cant rave enough..such dynamic range and clarity makes you feel like you are there at concert if you crank them up...i mean it!!

------------------

MY GEAR:

YAMAHA RXV795a RCVR

PARASOUND HCA-1500 driving the front speakers

KLIPSCH RF-3

KLIPSCH SC-1 CENTER CH SPEAKER

BOSTON ACOUSTIC REAR CHANNEL SPEAKERS

MIRAGE SS-1500 DIGITAL SUBWOOFER

SONY DVP-NS500 COMBO SACD/DVD PLAYER

PANASONIC VHS HIFI VCR

SONY MXD-D3 MINIDISC/CD RECORDER PLAYER

RCN DIGITAL CABLE TV

DTS CDs and DVDs are good to go!!!

I love to pop one in on an unsuspecting listener and watch their eyes bulge and jaw dropfollowed by a cwm24.gif

One hitch when it comes to playing DTS CDs along with normal CDs on my 5-disk changer though. My amp has three processing capabilities: analog, auto (PCM/Bitstream), and DTS. When my amp detects the DTS coding, it switches from auto to DTS. This is fine, but on the next non-DTS track, it doesnt change back to auto (PCM/bitstream). So I have to manually re-select auto. No biggy, but a drag while entertaining.

------------------

A/V AMP: Yamaha DSP-A1

TV: 29" Sony Trinitron

DVD: Toshiba SD9200

CDP: Denon DCM-370

MAIN: Klipsch Heresey II

CTR: Klipsch KSF-C5

REAR: Infinity SM-65

(crap)

SUB: Infinity BU-1 (crap)

Thanks guys. I bought Eagles - Hell Freezes Over and you're right, it is awesome. Clem, I didn't notice the funky sound on Hotel California, but you can definitely here different instrument sounds in different speakers - maybe a maraca or something. I didn't know they made DTS CD's, are they as good as the DVD's ?

clem guess what....cds do come in dts!! yup and i own some too....

------------------

MY GEAR:

YAMAHA RXV795a RCVR

KLIPSCH RF-3

PANASONIC VHS HIFI VCR

RCN DIGITAL CABLE TV

Hagood: I own the video DVD , DTS version. Roy had a

listen to his DVD and heard it also.

Roy: You are entirely correct. I just did a search at

Amazon.com and found a few. dtsonline.com is down

for a few days, so I couldn't do a search there.

Do the DTS CD's sound just as good as the DVD's ?

Clem I have to say some of the dts cds sound about as good as the dts recorded dvd video discs i own but it all depends i am finding out how well the engineering is when they make any of these surround sound discs whether they are sacd, dvds, or dts cds it really depends on the people doing the mixing from the master recordings....i have some dvd music concerts that i own that are not as good as others and i have sacd i own wich are not as good as others and i have dts cds which are not all perfect either. I think I would have made an excellent producer of music discs of any type cause i have a very good ear for sound quality and what the music would sound like if you were there in the studio at the time of recording...I know this sounds incredibly pigheaded of me and that i am bragging but...heck I am!!!..lol because I trust my ears as to what its supposed to sound like..living aroudn musicians and being one myself (drummer) I have gained a sort of "golden ear" reputation among my friends and family when its time to set audio up in their homes..lol

------------------

MY GEAR:

YAMAHA RXV795a RCVR

KLIPSCH RF-3

PANASONIC VHS HIFI VCR

RCN DIGITAL CABLE TV

I have several DTS CD's and a few DTS music DVD's. The sound is awesome. Some better than others. I recommend Sting:Brand New Day, and Ten Summoner's tales. Both have excellent sound quality. Some others which are a lot of fun are Paul McCartney:Band on the run, Steely Dan:Gaucho, and Marvin Gaye (greatest hits, or some title like that). It's really entertaining to listen to these CD's especially if you're not the kind of person who usually sits and just listens to music. For DVD's I own Eagles, Steely Dan, and Peter Frampton. All sound good and are fun to just crank. It's almost like being at the concert. Of course DD music DVD's are fun too. Fleetwood Mac, Metallica, Alice in chains. Some don't sound all that good though, Jimi, Up in Smoke tour, sound better in stereo.

• 2 weeks later...