my speakers just dont sound good anymore

goblin

Hi, right from the get go these speakers just didnt sound as good as my forte's. I took one back and swapped it with another and it was better, but have never been 100% satisfied like iam with my other klipsch products. 2 years ago I replaced the mids and tweaters and still they just didnt sound clear or equal. I dont have the knowledge you gentelman have, but I do have an ear for sound and these speakers just dont sound right.

thanks kevin

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum.

Did you buy your Chorus II's new? You say you took one back and the replacement sounded somewhat better? So between two new speakers one was better than the other? Do you have the Forte or the Forte II's? Maybe your just not impressed with the tractix mid if you have the earlier model Forte. Also there are folks who prefer the Forte over the Chorus. If you bought them new and never really liked them then obviously your just not a fan of the Chorus speaker. To me it sounds as if you have a crossover problem but it could very well be your dislike of a certain speaker.

You might very well be an advocate for some nice tube gear with those Chorus II's.

Hope you get it figured out and become happy with your 2 channel listening.

Hey Bill. Belvidere has a Chrysler Assembly plant as you probably know. My dad worked there for 30 years starting in 1965. And I believe they did build some Plymouth BelvEdere's in the town of Belvidere. Mostly Fury's and Polara's back in the big car days. Now it's home of the Dodge Caliber and Jeep Compass.

Kevin I will send you a private message with my cell number. Maybe we can find a time to get together and see if we can figure your problem out.

Jeremy