Suggestions needed for Integrated or Separate AMPs+Processor

SlaveToDesire

Holiday greeting all,

I'm looking for suggestions on which way I should go to marry my new Klipsch to. Integrated or Separate???

My system: Front LR = RF-82; Center = RC-64; Rear = RS-52; Sub = RT-10d

Projector to be purchase Later.

Room size: 15' x 15' basement - will mainly be use for movies. Sheetrock wall and ceiling and tile floor.

I've been looking at the Outlaw 990 and 7125 as combo, Dennon 4603, and others. I also want to future proof this purchase for HDMI or so call HD expected to come in approx. 2009. If I buy Processor now without HDMI, will it be able to handle HD DVD or Blue disc's? Who makes better quality AMPs? ATI, Outlaw, Parasound, Sherwood, NAD, Adcom, B&K, Sherbourn..... Let's keep this package under $3k. As you can tell from this, I'm new to Home Theater environment and would like to get it right or close to it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your insight and have a great holiday.

Looking far out 2006- 2011 5 years ish?? .. at least a 7 channel amp.

All channels driven, and the same wattage, too. (at least 100 WPC if this is for HT)

You may or may not experience a change in pre amps./. (For instance, I use a DVI direct out of my cable box to my Infocus DLP projector... you would never need to send a audio signal anyhow to one overhead projector with a "Bose like speaker" in it anyhow... LOL) So the newer sunfire V that has a 2 HDMI inputs and one HDMI out does nothing for me.. If you had a large screen at 1080P and used the speakers in the set.... maybe it would..

And personally... I would bypass it anyhow.. and go straight to the projector. Plus, if you need to go HDMI to DVI or whatever....there are connectors to do that and anything else you want to do.

The big thing now is the acceptance of the now 1000 dollar DVD players... Eventually cable companies too that need to add content enough for 1080P and 7 fully discrete channels.. After this is an accepted standard... by the masses... it will flow... And make sense..

For now, my 2 cents..

Get the separates..

Ladis and gents,

Thank you for your input. To tell you how new I am, I owned probably less than 15 cd's in my entire 30+ life. I've looking at the B&K 7250, ATI or Parasound ..ish. Would a 150watts/channel amp blow most of my speakers since most of them are rated at 100w to 200wrms? I saw some very nice pieces of equipments on ebay, audiogon, videogon, brandnamez, etc.. Some are new and some used. Is it worth the trouble to go used when new can be had for a few hundreds more? Hate to get scam.

I had a Sony receiver and just this past year picked up some Outlaw separates used and they are so much better then what I had. I word around here is that if your speakers are rated at 100w then a amp of 200 wpc would be great, you will have all the head room that you need. The used gear that I picked up was the Outlaw 7100, from a member here, and a 950 from Audiogon. Total price was under $1000, not bad for my frist separate expreience. Good luck in the hunt..

James