K-510 horn?

PrestonTom

There are various pictures of prototypes for a 2-way home version of Jubilee with what I think is a K-510 tratrix horn (not the usual commercial-Jubilee version with the K-402 horn that some of the folks have obtained). It is certainly smaller and I assume more afforadable. The pictures I see in the commercial section always show it lined up in a 3-way system. I get the impression from some other threads that with the right driver (I assume a 2 inch driver) that it can handle the mid frequencies and higher frequencies as well.

My questions (the possible goal is in order to use in a 2-way Jubilee for my house)

Is this the K-510 horn?

What driver do I need?

Is this driver a B&C? (DE 7xx version)

Does the driver require some special diaphragm for the HF extension?

What is the approximate bandwidth?

What is the approximate dispersion (is it going to be very "Beamy")?

Ball park on the price?

Can anyone simply call up and order one?

Guess who might be be struggling with some sheets of plywood?

Thanks,

-Tom

There are various pictures of prototypes for a 2-way home version of Jubilee with what I think is a K-510 tratrix horn (not the usual commercial-Jubilee version with the K-402 horn that some of the folks have obtained). It is certainly smaller and I assume more afforadable. The pictures I see in the commercial section always show it lined up in a 3-way system. I get the impression from some other threads that with the right driver (I assume a 2 inch driver) that it can handle the mid frequencies and higher frequencies as well.

My questions (the possible goal is in order to use in a 2-way Jubilee for my house)

Is this the K-510 horn?

What driver do I need?

Ball park on the price?

Thanks,

-Tom

Beamy is not a word that comes to mind after having heard these a couple times. I bet Roy would be happy to hook you up and yes you can order one. I would start with Roy just in case there is a secret code word to use when ordering over the phone : )

There are various pictures of prototypes for a 2-way home version of Jubilee with what I think is a K-510 tratrix horn (not the usual commercial-Jubilee version with the K-402 horn that some of the folks have obtained). It is certainly smaller and I assume more afforadable. The pictures I see in the commercial section always show it lined up in a 3-way system. I get the impression from some other threads that with the right driver (I assume a 2 inch driver) that it can handle the mid frequencies and higher frequencies as well.

Is this the K-510 horn?

yes

What driver do I need?

k-69 or bnc75 would work

this is one option

no.

500-20k Hz

90 x 50

90 from about 600 hz up

50 from about 1800 hz up

Ball park on the price?

need code word

yes you can but going thru our cinema guy helps alot.

the guy at the lumber yard?

Thanks,

-Tom

boy!!

• 4 weeks later...

Roy,

Thanks for answering my questions.

Alas, I have one more.

What are the pros & cons of using a K-402 vs a K-510 in a two way system?

Thanks again,

-Tom

golly tom,

i am sorry about not answering your last question. i must have overlooked it since that is the day i left for china.

anyway, differences? mostly, the cutoff freq (402-about 400 hz and 510-about 500 hz) and the freq at which the horn loses coverage control. the 400 has 90 degrees to about 300 and 50 degrees (vertical) to about 600 hz. the 510 has 90 degress to about 600 hz and 50 to about 3k hz (if i rememeber correctly). the 510 is essentially the younger brother of the 402.

i hope this helps and again sorry i missed this.

roy delgado