RSW12 & Cornwall II Low Pass Crossover Setting ?

thewolf

The rule of thumb is that you set your processor's crossover one full octave above the lowest frequency that your mains play well. In this case, a crossover of 50 Hz or 60 Hz is probably best. However, you can try as high as 80 Hz.

Experiment with your room and gear. No two rooms are the same. Placement of your subwoofer is as important as the crossover frequency. The problem is that bass frequencies do not propagate evenly. The room causes peaks and nulls at various locations. You do not want to sit in a null; you'd keep turning it up and hear nothing.

I have both the RSW-12 and 15 with RF-7s. At present I have my crossover set at 50 Hz, but 80 hz is good as well. The 50 Hz crossover gives me stereo bass from the RF-7s down to 50 Hz. The two subs help even out the bass as does my EQ.

Bill

Mine is set for 80 with the sub all the way up on volume. If you try the PLC-II setting on the amp and you have a bass in the center (Colin Dussalt with Robert Lockwood) you will toast your little bass nodes into total awsomeness.

JJK

• 16 years later...

Hi   to All  ,

can I ask about  small help ? I assembled cornwall with crossover  B3 ( K-33-e ; K-55-v ; K77) .  Find one  pair  NEW Atlas  sound PD-5VH, change  K-55-V   to  PD-5VH

I need  make any  adjustment  in Crossover B3 ?

I cannot find  any  info  about  this OLD  PD-5VH (  i  think  this  is  very  old  version ) , but  I bought in Sealed Box , absolute New ! check  photos my PD-5VH

Anybody  have  an  info  about  this old  drivers  Atlas Sound PD-5VH ?

Help !

rgd Alex

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I confused ... Play / listen   with  Old PD-5VH  or  return  to  K-55-V ?

after installing the PD-5VH , it seems that the sound has become more voluminous and the stage has expanded a little...

or ....i  want  believe  in this , and  all changes  in my  head  only